cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error during import PDF files in MDM

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

when I try to import a PDF file in our MDM repository I got the following error:

"Importing [English [US]] 'test pdf.pdf'...failed.

Unable to open Adobe Acrobat.

See your administrator about installing Adobe Acrobat."

We are using MDM 7.1 SP3 installation on HP UNIX OS.

Does someone know what is it - I have Addobe Reader 9 installed on my PC (where the Data Manager is installed)?

Thanks for your help.

BR,

ILIN

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In addition to what mentioned by Mandeep, you make sure in console right click on repository ->properties-->allow Invalid PDFs property is set to Yes.Else it wont import the PDFs

Please check and revert with the result. Also, go through this tread having same problem.

Regards,

Shiv

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mandeep, Shiv,

Thank you for your help.

After seting to yes "allow Invalid PDFs" property in the console I was able to import PDFs, but without thumbnails.

After installing Adobe Acrobat Professional on my PC the thumbnauls generation worked.

Kind Regards,

ILIN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi IIin,

I would like to add here one thing, Since you have installed Adobe Acrobat Professional on your PC.

You don't need to set this property in console, i mean console right click on repository ->properties-->allow Invalid PDFs property is set to Yes. Because MDM considers a PDF invalid only if it is unable to generate a thumbnail for it.

Regards,

Mandeep Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mandeep,

thanks again for your help - I tested it and you are completelly right.

BR,

ILIN

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ilin,

In order to load PDF files Adobe Acrobat® Standard or Professional Version is required and it needs to be installed on the machine that is loading the PDF and not on the Server machine.

That's why it is giving you error to Install Adobe Acrobat. It is also required to generate Thumbnails.

I mean if you installed it on machine where data manager is installed as you load files through data manager, then this error should not come.

Refer, SAP Note for more details:

https://websmp130.sap-ag.de/sap/support/notes/1258537

Regards,

Mandeep Saini