cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Implementation of SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guru,

I have never been part of implementation project. Can any one help me with steps to be followed in Implementation project

I need to install and setup (ECC 6.0, CRM and EP). I am ok with installation procedure.. but not sure steps before I start installation .

Help Please.

Regards,

Shyam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not really sure about what kind of information are you looking for?...

I presume you are taking this form the Basis point of view... if thats correct then after the system blueprint is done by the funtional team you need to evaluate and build the technical landscape, sizing, resources, etc...

Can you be more specific?

Regards

Juan

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I understand your concern..Everything is in help.sap.com so there is no need for this community SDN..But it requires for the topics which is really tough to understand from help.sap.com..U r right sir that you need some help as you are new to the SAP Implementation project..That's why we all are here...

Start with ECC 6.0 Installation(Go through Master Guide)-ABAP +JAVA(optional)

Then do CRM 2007 Installation((Go through Master Guide)-ABAP +JAVA(optional)

Then do EP 7.0 Installation(It would be a standalone JAVA Installation)

EP will be your frontend & ECC ,CRM will be backend system..After Installation there would be so many post-installation steps like SSO,JCO so on..So I would advice you go in the proper order..Moreover be sure that whether your client requires EP or not,may be they have already any java portal..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

You are correct, I am taking basis point of view.. I have done installation of Solution manager system and post installation as well and configuring many scenarios in Solman.

For Implementation project (Technical) I am not clear as to other than installation what am I suppose to do.

I need to setup ECC 6.0, CRM and EP.

Rgerads,

Shyam

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I need to setup ECC 6.0, CRM and EP.

EP will use ECC as the backend system and integration is well documented, start by reading the EP installation guide. Same with CRM its all well documented in SMP

I suggest you to read the installation guides, theres lots of resources here on the WIKI.

Once you have more specific questions feel free to ask

Regards

Juan

p330068
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shyam,

Please check n search what you want to do after ECC6 , CRM or EP installation. If you want to looing to devlopment usign SAP Programming model then go for Web Dynpro for ABAP or Web Dynpro for Java for developing application which will be intregrated in portal EP.

Please try to search on SDN/help.sap.com for more detail on Web Dynpro for ABAP or Web Dynpro for Java. you will get og blogs, wikkies which are used in implemention projects.

Hope it helps

Regards

Arun