cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTTP adapter and authentication using client certificates

Former Member
0 Kudos

Has anyone used client certificates for authentication with HTTP Adapter?. I could not find any documentation on this area. All documentations are leading to HTTPS configuration only.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

One way which is possible is:

importing the certificates in STRUST in PI server.

and use RFC destination option in HTTP adapter configuaration.

Create RFC destination with SSL active option.

Please let us know if you have any specific requirement.

Regards,

Chaitanya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

My requirement is to use HTTP Sender and HTTP Receiver with Client Certificate authentication. So when XI sends data , XI will authenticate itself with a client certificate provided by the third pary for authentication and when XI receives data from the third pary, XI should be configured to authenticate the third party based on the client certificate.

Thanks for all of you who replied but all of you were pointing to HTTPS configuration which may not do any client authentication apart from opening secure socket layer.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

abhay_rajhans2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arul,

I am not very clear with your requirement but trying to formulate answer.

1) Are you asking for HTTPS with Client authentication?

For this you will need to import certificates in STRUST transaction. Please find below link which will explain in detail.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/14/ef2940cbf2195de10000000a1550b0/content.htm

2) Are you intended to say you want third party certificate for signing and encrypting data?

Not sure if this can you used with HTTP adapter. You can implement this using SOAP adapter and XI adapters. For this you need to import the certificate in the visual admin of PI. And then same certificates can be called in Receiver agreement or Sender agreement.

madhusudana_reddy2
Contributor
0 Kudos

I think as the HTTP adapter resides in ABAP Engine, you can not install any certificates especially for HTTP Adapter to check authentication. Even though you will install certificates in J2EE engine, it can not use them as it is not running in J2EE engine. It will uses the authentication which is in message header only.

thanks,

madhu