cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message Mapping - java.util.Map

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi There

I would like to know if there is any way, using java.util.Map map; to get the "data type" field name in a UDF? Passing a constant with the field name would not be practical.. I'm looking for a object oriented process to use in all my mappings.

Also where could I look for the methods I can use in the map trace object?

Regards,

Jan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you, this Constant Field table helps quite allot.

Former Member
0 Kudos

But I'm still missing the field name..

Let say I have a message mapping going from Field ACB to Field QAZ and a UDF called CheckLen.

In my UDF I'm looking at the incoming field and if it's length is correct. if not I'm writing an entry into a table stating there was an incorrect field but what I can't get is the the field name so I can write to the table "Invalid length on field ACB" The only way to get this field name value is by passing a constant of "ACB" to the UDF and using that. But we have hundreds of MMs so implementing this would be much more difficult than a OOP way..

madhusudana_reddy2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Even though you will use Object data while doing transformation, finally you need to put String data to Contains.

i.e return type should be string. You can not return Object type.

return "abc"

result.addValue("abc")

thanks,

madhu

former_member204873
Contributor
0 Kudos

For methods and constants available, Please check:

http://help.sap.com/javadocs/NW04/current/pi/constant-values.html#com.sap.aii.mapping.api.StreamTran...

Usage of these constants is available at:

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/11/xi-how-to-retrieve-messageid-from-a-bpm