cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two different settlements in a same period

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

My user wishes to use 2 different settlement rules in the same period.

Details:

One settlement(WBS to WBS) will be done for all the transactions till 19th of a month. All other transactions carried out after 19th are for some other purpose, hence user wants to carry out different settlement for transactions after 19th(WBS to CE/GL).

Since the period is the same, both the rules get executed simultaneously.

Kindly help.

Manish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can create two settlement rules and enter the distribution rules

For example you can enter the total amount of all transactions till 19 March for the first rule (WBS to WBS)

At the end of the month you enter the total amount of transactions after 19 March for the second rule (WBS to G/L)

well, just one thought, maybe others can throw better ideas 😃

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kealin F - yes I would do the same

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kealin F/Virendra Pal,

Can you elaborate more on this, "create two settlement rules and enter the distribution rules". Do you mean to say enter two line items on the Maintain settlement rule:Overview table.

If yes, should I maintain settlement type as "Full" as I assume that this will allow me to do two postings in 1 period. Correct me if I am wrong?

Thanks,

Manish

Edited by: mash215 on Apr 1, 2010 7:32 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, on Maintain Settlement Rule: Overview screen, enter two line items

FUL means it will settle all costs that have occurred for WBS in question from all periods prior to the settlement that haven't been settled yet

e.g: your run settlement on period 3 and the WBS has a balance from period 1 and 2 which are not settled yet

if you choose FUL, it will settle all costs from period 1 to 3

if you choose PER it will settle costs from period 3 only and costs from period 1 and 2 will remain unsettled

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Closing