cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to transport a function module from prod to dev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

i have a function module 'EXIT_SAPLMEDRUCK_001' which is in production and i have to copy it to my development server. kindly guide me

regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai...

It is a miracle .....!!!!

How it can be the thing which are in production but not in Developmnet.

even if it is deleted or modified during development your can recover it from version management, other wise copy the source code from production to development.

Move through request is complex,

IF u want to do then you just follow the steps

use the Tcode SE01 and Create the workbench request and add all the objects to that request. and release that and import that request in the desired system

Cheers

KHS

Edited by: K Hari Shankar on Mar 26, 2010 9:53 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi KHS

In Development server it has been modified (implemented) ,now i want recover back , kindly advise how to recover from version management , kindly provide any steps

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

is it possible to transport fuction module from prod to DEV

kindly suggest .

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

is it possible to Copy fuction module from prod to DEV

kindly suggest .

Regards

anindya_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Satheesh

You can try one thing..

1. First create a Workbench request in production system as a Local object ( i.e no target system). So obviously you can not transport it to some other system. Include yuor function module in it.

2. Now create a tranport of copies (SE01) in PRD with target system same as your PRD . Now include the first request in the second request. Release the second request. Now, you will get data file and cofile in usr/sap/trans/data and usr/sap/trans/cofiles folder of production system.

3. Manually copy those data and cofiles to your DEV system in the corresponding directory.

4. Login to DEV system,->run tcode STMS_IMPORT>Other Request->Add. Give your second request number and manually add that. Now import the second request.

Regards

Anindya

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

i have a Function module EXIT_SAPLMEDRUCK_001 there i have modified the 'Z' inlcude in development using user exit. now the status in user exit has the sign 'tick' and it got implemented. now i dont wnt that implementation and i want to deimplement that. in production server the status is not implemented so is it possible to copy that function module and move it to development server. kindly suggest.

anindya_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Satheesh

Did you try my suggestion in the last post?

You can also think about restoring your development system from its previous backup i.e from a backup which was taken before that changes had been applied. But, you have to consider lot of other stuffs before restoring from old backup cause any change after the backup has been taken will be lost.

Regards

Anindya