cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can able to do the confirmation eventhough PO status is awaiting approval.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

The below said issue in SRM 5.0 in extended classic scenario'

I ordered PO from sourcing and then changed the same PO and approval flow is retriggered, its status is u2018awaiting approvalu2019.

But I find that we can do the goods Confirmation to that PO with old-quantity and old-value.

In my understanding, we can not Goods Confirmation to that PO if the PO status awaiting approval.

Why is it so...Is there any OSS note available to prevent this??

Thank You

Shrinivas Siddapur

Note: We can do the confirmation for old quantities and not for changed qualities

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is SAP existing Functionality

required to modify the BBP_WF_LIST Badi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shrinivas,

This looks correct to me. You already have a PO created and ordered (posted in backend) and transferred to Vendor with old Qty and value. System should not stop you to create confirmation.

On change PO, in case you have reduced the Qty before posting the confirmation and it is stiiting for approval then on approval system should give you an error while ordering. Can you test this scenario and post your feedback?

Thanks, Sachin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I have come across this before.

Unfortunately, I have to inform you that the system behaviour you have

described in this message is exactly how it is designed to work.

Technical reason for the system behaviour:

After approving a confirmation the system performs the following steps:

1) it creates an IDoc which will be passed to the backend for creation

of the goods receipt document on the backend.

2) at the same time it creates an entry in table BBP_DOCUMENT_TAB for

the PO. If a user now would try to perform a confirmation he will get

the error message 'System user' already processing purchasing doc item

'xxxxxxxxx' 'xxxxx'

3) the entry in table BBP_DOCUMENT_TAB remains in the table until the

report CLEAN_REQREQ_UP has detected that the goods receipt document in

the backend has been posted succesfully. Then this entry will be deleted

and the status of the PO will be set to "Fully delivered" respectively

in case of a partial delivery the open quantity will be reduced

accordingly.

So in short:

Until the confirmation has been approved the PO open quantity will not be reduced

by the amount in the confirmation.

If you want to achieve the immediate locking

of the PO for confirmation you always have to use a workflow without an

approval step for the confirmation.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Matthew

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matthew,

Shrinivas was talking about a scenario where PO is sitting for approval and not confirmation.

And yes you are correct, system allow posting another confirmation if earlier confirmation is under approval. It looks little old when you think about posting a scenario when you try to post a confirmation of full Qty but think about a case of partial confirmation and it will make sense.

Also, please note system should give you an error while posting of another confirmation after approval if previous confirmation is approved and posted in case of full Qty..

Thanks, Sachin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank You Sachin,

Yes i have tested...There is NO error message.

I am going to explain my issue once again...

- i have created PO with say 10 Qty and 50$ from sourcing and Status of the PO is Order;

- after this i can able do the confirmation but i have not done (not confirmed).

- and now Buyer has increased the amount from 50$ to 60$ and after this status of the PO is changed to awaiting approval

My question is, If PO is awaiting approval then how come requester can able do the confirmation with old quantity and Old value 50$ ???

Note: There is NO workflow for confirmation

Thank You

Shrinivas

former_member324993
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Shrinivas,

PO is awaiting approval,It's means workflow for Po,You can clicked the "approve" or "Tracking" table page,you can find the approver,and use the approver used id logon the SRM,and approved it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes I understand the scenario from your first post and to me it looks good and correct. PO with old qty and value is not under approval , it is already approved and transmitted to vendor. System should allow GR for that Qty and Value.

Look from the perspective if IT is not involved. PO manually created by buyer reached vendor, how can buyer stop vendor to supply from shipping until change order is approved and send to vendor. Thus SAP should allow you to post GR for old Qty and value.

I asked you following scenario to test to see how SAP handled it

1. Create PO with Qty 10 / Value 50 and once it is ordered, change the Qty to 9 /45 (awaiting approval if your system triggers workflow). Create GR for 10/45 AND approve the PO and see if the change PO is ordered or not after approval.

Thanks, Sachin