Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP ECC6 Installation

former_member281396
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I am new to Netweaver platform.Now I want to install our sand box on ECC6 netweaver 7.0 platform on windows 2003 Oracle 10g platform.I have DVDS from SAP now I already install Oracle 10g and after that I use SAP Installation Master -SR1 DVD but in this DVD I get 2 option

1. SAP ERP 6.0 EHP4 Ready-Support Release 1

2. SAP Netweaver 7.0 including Enhancement Package -1 Support Release -1

I am not able to understand select which one.I also try application server where it ask for profile.Here there is no option for Database instance or central instance.

Please guide me which DVD I use and also step for install it.I am waiting for your help.

Regards

Nirmal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Look for the installation guides from service.sap.com/instguides

This might help you better

Regards

Jaianandh

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi !!

As per your last reply it seems that you are trying to install ECC6 using 32bit installation master which is only used to install Dialog instance as SAP is no longer supporting 32 bit installation for Central and DB instance.

For you info if you want to install a central and DB instance you need to have a 64bit hardware with 64bit OS and 64 bit database media then you can download the 64bit installation master and do the installation.

I hope I am clear in my lines.

Regards

Lalit Rana

former_member281396
Participant
0 Kudos

It is important

paul_power
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If your goal is to install ECC 6.0 then use SAP ERP 6.0 EHP4 Ready-Support Release 1

the second option will only install NW 7.0 EHP1 which is completely different.

Installing SAP ERP 6.0 EHP4 Ready-Support Release 1 will mean you will be ready to implement ehp4 on top of your ECC 6.0 installation. If you want to go directly to EVV 6.0 EHP4 then you need different media.

Regards,

Paul

former_member281396
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

I just want to install ECC 6.0 first.Which media I required??As When I run SAP Installation Master SR1 with first option I am not able to find option install central instance or database instance it just come to install application server.I am confused wheather I am using right media or wrong.Please let me know which media I required to install ECC 6.0 from scratch.

Regards

Nirmal

0 Kudos

Hello Nirmal,

if your requirement includes installation of EP, BI and other usage type scenarios then you should go with the second option. If your requirement is just ERP 6.0 system you can go with the first option. if you'll go with the first option you'll have to apply EHP4 later using EHPI after the installation - as you can see its EHP4 ready installation.

Best Regards

Niraj