cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to start Instance in MMC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have installed SAP NetWeaver Composition Environment 7.1 SR5 - Developer Edition which is a trial version on a windows xp pro virtual machine. I have installed NWDS 7.1 Composition Environment SP05 successfully.

I have installed Java Platform, Enterprise Edition 5 SDK.

The problem is that the two instances in MMC appears to be grey instead of green. That is why I am not able to deploy any web dynpro application. Does any body know that what steps I need to take after installing the developer edition? What about the SDM?

Earlier http://localhost:50000/ was displaying a web dynpro exception just after completion of installation of developer edition but now I am getting page cannot be displayed error.

Please help / guide. I need this envirnoment to be set up soon for practicing web dynpro.

Regards,

Vaibhav

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

p330068
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vaibhav,

You need to start server from MMC. Before starting please check following thing are correct or not.

- Update your server IP address and host name in host file entry at (Start > RUN > drivers > etc > host file)

- Update JAVA_HOME system enviromental variable in my computer (My computer > Priperties >> Advance >> Startup and Recovery >> Enviromental Variable >> System Variables >> Add new JAVA_HOME parameter with path for installed Java JDK)

- Check database server services (Start > Run > Services.msc > Start your database services manually and change properties as automatic)

After that please try to start your SAP Server :- open MMC >> Right Click on Server Node >> Select All Task >> Start >> Enter your Desktop userid and password. It will take 20-40 min if you are starting first time.

Please check installation Guide : [Install & Configure SAP NetWeaver Composition Environment 7.1 ehp1 |http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/b057d7e3-b89e-2b10-1e9e-c426e967f8e1]

Hope it helps

Regards

Arun