cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to disable field "Cost Assignment" in TP04 screen?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Gurus

We have a requirement where a person can normally create a travel request, but the system must not allow him to share the estimated cost among several cost centers (field "Cost Assignment").

I've already looked for some configuration in SPRO (Define Schema and Individual Field Control) so that I could disable or hide this field, but haven't found anything. I know as well I could use user exit "FITR0003" to build a validation to this field, but I'd rather use some SPRO configuration, if it's possible.

Do you know if there's any SPRO configuration so that field "Cost Assignment" becomes disabled or hidden in travel request screen (TP04)?

Thanks a lot

Roberto

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Srikanth, but we've already decided to develop this solution by using a user exit (FITR0003).

Regards

Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Srikanth

In FI-TV, we have 2 processes: Travel Request (tr. TP04) and Expense Report (tr. TRIP). I want "Cost Assignment" field:

- To be hidden or disabled in the Travel Request screen (TP04).

Reason: we have a requeriment where an employee cannot travel using other cost center than his own (registered in Infotype 0017). Therefore, to avoid an eventual charging in another cost center, we must block "Cost Assignment" field from update.

PS: In Expense Report screen (TRIP) I know how to hide this field -> using Field and Schema Control in SPRO. Unfortunately, to Travel Request screen I can't find a place do configure that.

Thanks

Roberto

Srikanth02
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Standard SAP is to have multiple options in the "Cost Assignment" like Cost Center, WBS,etc. for travel.

If you want the "Cost Assignment" to be defaulted to the "Cost Center" mentioned in the Info type 17, then you need to ask the ABAPer to put a logic in the coding and make the "Cost Assignment" as default to the Cost Center in the info type 17.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

S.Srikanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Sanjay

Thanks for your helping, but we can't do that because there's here only one travel creation profile , which is used for all who create travel requests and expense report (for all cost centers). We just have cost center restrictions (different profiles) for approval events.

Anyone else who can help us to disable / hide this field in TP04?

Thanks

Roberto

Srikanth02
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

i just wanted to get a better clarification on your requirement.

1. Do you want to disbale the Cost Assignment Field

2. You dont want Cost Center and you are going to use some other Cost Assignment.

This will help me to revert on your requirement.

Regards,

S.Srikanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roberto,

Please restrict the users cost center authorization if possible. This is better than deactivating the screen.

Thanks & Reagrds

Sanjay