cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM 7.1.03 vs 7.1.04 and VISIO 2007

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, I have VISIO 2007 and I am having an issue with editing a workflow in 7.1.04. I have some environments that have not yet been upgraded to 7.1.04 and they are at 7.1.03 and VISIO 2007 works fine. Is there a way to get it to work with 7.1.04 as my organization doesn't distribute 2003 anymore. Please advise.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Victor,

Please elaborate on your issue.

Is it the issue in opening visio?

Or issue in editing opened workflow?

Also, are you getting any error message?

Regards

Shaailesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm trying to edit a workflow and the standard Microsoft error box pops up and visio restarts.

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you using Visio 2007 Professional Version?? Is yes, then try by using Visio 2007 Standard Version.

Also, make sure you have done below mentioned configurations in order to use Visio with data manager:

1. In the MDM Data Manager, open the Workflows table and select any workflow record from the records pane.

2. In the Record Detail tab, double-click on the Workflow property to open Microsoft Visio.

3. Open MS Visio is opened, Choose Tools --> Options from the Visio main menu to open the Options dialog. In the Options dialog, select the Advanced tab and click on File Paths to open File path dialogue box.

4. In the File paths window, Set for both "Add-ons" and "Start-up" where the MDM VSL is installed. It will be in <MDM Workflow installation directory>\VSL. for example, C:\program files\SAP MDM5.5\Workflow\VSL

5. After specifying file path, click OK. and go to security tab and check the "Enable automation Events checkbox".

For more details please refer page no 302-303 of MDM 7.1 SP4 Data manager reference guide.

Check it and let us know if it works.

Regards,

Shiv

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Victor,

As you said, for 7.1.03, VISIO 2007 works fine

It should also work with MDM 7.1.04

I would suggest you to check,

1. Are you using MS Visio 2007 Standard edition or not?

2. Also Check, Did you install Workflow Engine i.e. WorkflowInstall_Ver setup (which you can find with installables) ?

3. Sometimes Visio opens within MDM and the MDM Workflow Stencil is visible, the Step Properties pane does not appear.

If this occurs, you can configure Visio, see page 302 of 654 Configuring the Microsoft Visio Plug-in

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwmdm71/helpdata/en/4b/72b8aaa42301bae10000000a42189b/MDMDataManager71.p...

Else, You need to check the error either with your system administrator or raise an OSS Note to SAP.

Also, find the reply from Michael in this below thread:

Hope this helps..

Regards,

Mandeep Saini

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I crosscheck MDM 7.1 Master Guide. and there software requirement for Visio is mentioned as "MS Visio® 2003

standard".

So, I think MS Visio 2007 is still not supported by MDM 7.1. I would also like to bring one strange point which i noticed on this forum that for some people Visio 2007 works fine and for other is caused lot of workflow issues. So, please do not use Visio 2007.

Please see page no 22 of Master guide for MDM 7.1 SP04 and go through section software requirements.

MDM 7.1 Master Guide

Please also check with SAP by opening an OSS message and get it confirmed whether MS Visio® 2007 is supported by MDM 7.1 or not. If not then when it is planned.

Regards,

Shiv