cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add URL link to Workflow task notification

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello gurus,

We are trying to add a URL link to a container variable in a Workflow task notification.

We first tried to fill the container variable with an HTML type link (for example <a href="xxxxxx?SRM_GUID=XXXXXXXX" target="_blank">Log on to approve</a>. However, it is not being interpreted correctly in the notification output email.

As we saw this didn't work, we tried to remove the HTML tags and the link apparently was shown correctly, nevertheless the GUID was interpreted erroneously (because it was splitted by the first 4 zeros).

Conclusion: Has anyone added a URL link with a GUID to a Workflow task notification to tell us how to proceed correctly?

Many thanks! (points will be awarded)

Regards,

Adi & Agus

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't know your businees requirement, if your requirement is to send the Email to approver along with the logon link to Outlook and lotus note from SRM. There is Standard problem available. what is your SRM version?

Saravanan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Saravanan,

We're working on SRM 7. The requirement is that because some of the workflow Reminder/Deadline notification functionality were not working correctly by standard (SAP told us they were still working on some functions), we made a custom report to send daily reminders.

In these reminders, we need to have a link in the workflow task to log on to SAP and open the workitem (simulating the standard workflow notifications).

Please let me know if you would like me to provide more info...

Cheers!

Adi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adi,

I developed similar kind of report program, my program will schedule two days once. my program will read all the SC which is awaiting for Approval for last two days and more.. A consolidate Email notification will be sent to approver along with the SC number's , details and Login page link.. this is just a notification which will consolidate the SC's..

Saravanan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

That's great! Our program works like this, the only thing not working is the login link...

Could you please tell us what function module / method you used to do this?

Thanks Saravanan!

Cheers,

Adi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just FYI, the FM we are using doesn't allow us to have links that are more than 255 characters...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adi,

Basically, EP is the frontend for SRM 7.0. if you want to do anything such as creating SC , Process PO or Approval , you have to logon through SSO. The easiest way to read the SSO URL from User attribute of the Org. You have to assign the SSO url in the header node of the Org.Then call the FM 'BBP_READ_ATTRIBUTES' to read the SSO URL. Hope this will help you..

Saravanan.