Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Administrating from SMICM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Every One,

Action performed:-

I have installed standalone ABAP System first i.e. Central Instance and later on Database Instance.

Next I have installed standalone J2EE Instance on the same system where I have installed Standalone ABAP Instance.

What I have done is I have integrated the UME of J2EE with UME of ABAP Instance successfully.

My query is

When I loged into ABAP Insctance and go to SMICM Transaction here I am not able to control the J3EE Instacne like all the activites are in dissabled mode in ADMINISTRATION Tab.

can any one tell me how can I controll the J2EE Inscance from ABAP instacne i.e. How can I enable the activites in the ADMINIISTRATION Tab

With Regards,

Venkat

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes in my case, our standalone J2ee engine is also using ABAP UME

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can make J2EE use ABAP UME but start/stop is not possible from SMICM in case of standalone JAVA

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't think you can restart shutdown from SMICM to standalone java instance.

In my environment we installed standalone J2ee adapter engine, if you want restart server or restart any services or restarting instance. We do it through NWA, if your J2ee Engine 7.0 you can use Visual Admin too. If its 7.1 then use NWA.

-Sagar

Former Member
0 Kudos

I dont think we can administer using smicm when you have connected that way.Only way i think of is by checking ESS or MSS.Please correct me if i am wrong.Thanks.