cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I need Java for Firefighter Version 5.2

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are having some issues with Firefighter and are considering upgrading to GRC version 5.2, but we do not have Java. Is version 5.2 Java only??

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We don't want users to view reports in Firefighter. Our controllers receive the FF logs file via email. I just need to know if Java is a requirement for GRC version 5.x.

Former Member
0 Kudos
Java is a requirement for GRC version 5.x.

- Java is manadatory. 5.x GRC AC version has other components too (RAR(CC), CUP(AE) and ERM(RE))..

Are you planning to upgrade only FF? If you are not planning to use any other components then upgrading RTA would work for you.

All other 3 componets of 5.x version work on JAVA stack ONLY.

Thanks

Himadama

koehntopp
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

If all you're using is FF (I.e. not RAR (ComplianceCalibrator) etc) you can just upgrade to RAR 5.3 on ABAP.

If you're also using the other components, you'll need a Java system.

Frank.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are using CC, RT and FF...so I guess upgrading is not an option for us since we do not have Java.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can still just upgrade 4.0 to 5.2/5.3 RTA and keep using CC, RT and FF the same way you have been using. I know there are some customers who are using the products this way. Only thing is, you don't get much improvement over ABAP/4.0, if you don't use CC/RAR 5.X. So I am not sure even it is worth to upgrade.

Regards,

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Moreira,

Core functionality/activities of Firefighter is part of ABAP.

JAVA for Firefighter is for centralized reporting purpose, where business users can login and access all reports from various backend system from single web-interface by creating connectors to each system.

In case if you don't want to install JAVA, then business users has to login to each system to access any reports of Firefighter.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Sirish Gullapalli.

Former Member
0 Kudos
We are having some issues with Firefighter and are considering upgrading to GRC version 5.2, but we do not have Java. Is version 5.2 Java only??

Java is mandatory for GRC AC Versions 5.x.

Why are you upgrading to 5.2 version while 5.3 is available?

Thanks

Himadama