cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting Quality Inspection to use Handling Units

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would like to know if anyone understands the procedure for setting up quality Inspection using Handling Units. I need to setup sampling procedures, use skip strategies, etc.

If someone can let me know a clear way to se this up in Native SAP, that would be a great help.

More specifically, how to perform Sample Calculation using Sample Management and sample-drawing procedure

Thanks.

Edited by: RGSAP2008 on Apr 15, 2010 8:42 PM

Edited by: RGSAP2008 on Apr 15, 2010 8:50 PM

Edited by: RGSAP2008 on Apr 15, 2010 8:51 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I've only worked with HU's in QM for a brief while but there isn't a ton difference with or w/o HU's. The sampling procedures, sample drawing, etc.. work about the same.

The UD posting screen is different and you post by the individual handling units, not by UOM.

For QM you basically just need to click on the HU indicator in the insepction type setup in the material master. You'll find the "Insp. Ctrl" field doesn't work as it normally does. Most of the selections in there don't work. Early lot creation does work if I remember but the other ones don't. Each GR of handling units against a production order will result in an additional inspection lot.

FF