Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling a ESS WDJ COmponent with different Client no

kai_unewisse3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

my task is to make ESS available on a different Client (100) instead of 001.

i was reading about the "Mapping Logical Systems" using the parameter sap-wd-arfc-useSys :

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/af/84a34098022a54e10000000a1550b0/content.htm

I did the following :

1. Create a new JCODestination :

SAP_R3_HumanResources_MetaDataHNL and SAP_R3_HumanResourcesHNL with the new client.

2. Call the URL

http://<portal>:<port>/webdynpro/dispatcher/sap.com/ess~lea/com.sap.xss.hr.lea.appl.LeaveRequest?sap...

useSys=SAP_R3_HumanResources:HNL&sap-wd-arfc-useSys=SAP_R3_HumanResources_MetaData:HNL

Result : i get a 500 internal Server error after the login for this client.

Test 2: The same with the default JCO Destinations : same error

Test 3: The same without the additional parameter : working

The JCO Destination is only SAP_R3_HumanResources when i looked it up the Content Admin Area for Web Dynpro.

What is the point i am missing ? Has someone done it successfully to connect to 2 systems per sap-wd-arfc-useSys ?

Regards,

Kai

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

kai_unewisse3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I found out that the Destination GenericService is used too( it is not shown in the JCO Destinations).

p330068
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kai,

Please check the ess applcation in Content Administor >> Web Dynpro>>Search for your applcaition, whether both two modeldata and two metadata JCO destination are assigned or not. and also check JCO Dstinatin test are successful or not.

Hope it helps

Regards

Arun

kai_unewisse3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

the JCODestination Tests (Metadata) are successful.

The Assignment for ess~lea is only for :

SAP_R3_HumanResources

SAP_R3_HumanResources_MetaData

It is a standard ESS iview. How and why should i assign additional JCODestinations ?

I overweite it per parameter sap-wd-arfc-useSys

Regards,

Kai