Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View in a View...

davidwallner
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi there,

i made a main-view and on button-click i navigate to a second view. Is it possible to show this second view (or maybe a third view) in a Tray on the main view?

Or is it a propper way to make 2 or more trays on the main view with all the ui-elements i need and toggle between visible and invisible? Could this cause performance-issues?

David

Edited by: David Wallner on Mar 25, 2010 2:31 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Another alternative is to embed a view container element in your main view.

you could then dynamically change which window/view you were embedding.

I've done this with WD Java, but not as yet with WD ABAP, and it was quite tricky...

The FPM does exactly this when it inserts UIBBs in the various perspectives of the screen. So I'm pretty sure it can be done - however, it would be far more complex than just flipping a visible/non-visible variable.

I would consider whether the application could instead make use of the OIF floorplan - it will look more "standard" and showing different info on different tabs is a nice way to handle this.

Hope this helps,

Cheers,

Chris

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>you could then dynamically change which window/view you were embedding.

>I've done this with WD Java, but not as yet with WD ABAP, and it was quite tricky...

This actually doesn't have to be that tricky. You control this within the window by firing a navigation plug to control which view is displayed in a view container. Although ultimately I agree with your recommendation that Floorplan Manager should be considered overall.

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

the tricky bit (in WD Java) was keeping an index of the instantiated components and ensuring that the right instance was used when swapping them in and out. Also the app I was building was itself embedded in the Java FPM and I needed to pass through those events to the embedded components, and handle the results - arrogating the messages and event results. Also I had 7 windows that could be potentially filled with dynamically assigned components (assignment of component was dependent on the details of the data being handled - a similar concept to the variants used in WD ABAP FPM). And like the ABAP FPM, the details of the components to be instantiated were read from tables rather than hardcoded into the application.

So actually just swapping in two know instances - shouldn't be too hard - but I'd certainly encourage use of standard FPM functionality over any of that sort of mucking around.

Cheers,

Chris

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

Yes,It is possible by using View Container UI Element.Place a View Container in Main View.In this View Container embed how many views u want and navigate to the views using Plugs

davidwallner
Participant
0 Kudos

thx for all the helpful answers. i solved the problem by using a container.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can work this way, but like this whenver any action is performed I guess domodifyview of all contained view will be triggered ( check this in debuggin ) , key will be to keep the code in this method minimum.

Apart from this UI configuration you can also explore other cleaner options like usage of Floor Plan Manager to configure your UI's in a particular fashion.

Regards

Manas Dua