cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP GUI for Java in Suse Linux

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have configured SAP Gui for java in Suse Linux Enterprise Desktop 11 . I am using wep ex 330+dx printer, while taking print out from SAP application , instead of tabular columns & rows numerical value " 1 " & " 0" is printed.Kindly help me to resolve this problem.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

This will happen if your are using sapwin as it is not compatible for linux you have to configure the printer you are using with the appropriate device in SPAD and use that selection while printing and also configure it as default printer for the user so that they need not always select this device manually. If this printer is not available in spad you have to download device drivers and import it to SAP. the extension for device drivers will be in .PRI format

or if it is a form printing go to print preview and cntrl+P you will get pop up of available desktop printers and select the printer and give the print this will bypass print from sap spooler.

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use Device Type "PDF1- PDF ISO Latine -1 " instead of "SAPWIN".

It works in unix environment...

Regards.

Rajesh Narkhede

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

We used to get connected to the server using SAP GUI for windows but very recently client has migrated some of the systems to ubuntu linux as the client o/s. So certainly we need to install SAP GUI for java in order to access the server from the new client o/s.

The printing and smart forms got messed up in the new environment. Unable to access smart forms, unable to get the print working properly( the layout has changed completely), and unable to view the print preview.

I have changed the attributes on SPAD ie: Access method to U and added Zjav & Zjdf using se11but the problem still persists.

I have also made some entries in inetd.conf file but so good..

and now according to rajesh, i have even changed the access method to the pdf one but the problem still persists..

Please help me resolve this issue.. Thanks..

--

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

and now according to rajesh, i have even changed the access method to the pdf one but the problem still persists..

Have yout tried "Access Method - F" (Frontend Printing) with the device mentioned in my previous post ?

You should be able to print from other application normally..

I have tried and it works fine with Fedora - 8 (with kprinter), CentOS, Ubuntu...

Regards.

Rajesh Narkhede

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Sorry for the delayed response.

Access method F was the initial choice made and then changed it to G later. I have changed it as per the snote given on the market place.

Everything was working fine on the windows platform but now we have installed linux clients on some systems where printing issue started popping up. This is only happening on the systems where linux got installed.

The funniest thing is, we have three systems with ubuntu linux, out of which one can do print preview and printing without any issues and another one can print preview can print, but while printing the data is getting printed with the page layout in zero's and one's and the last system can only print preview, no print at all...

We are using HP LESERJET 1020 which is not available in the sap drivers list, so selected the nearest one. Changed different access methods but the problem still persists...

Somebody plsss look in to this issue and help me.. thanks in advance...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use "PDF1- PDF ISO Latine -1" Device for HP Laserjet 1020 printer.

We are also using same model in our linux environment.

If you still face any issues, use Fedora-8 for those system. It works better in that release with "kprinter" package.

Regards.

Rajesh Narkhede