0 Kudos

Hi Everybody,

Following is the scenario :

1. Material with Inspection Type 01 and 08 active

2. Batch BAT1 with open Inspection Lot of type 01 and quantity in QI stock

Client wants the following :

1. Create a new batch BAT2 for same material/plant using MSC1N

2. Transfer half the quantity of BAT1 to BAT2

3. Inspection Lot should be generated for this quantity transfer and the quantity for BAT2 should go to QI stock

Please let me know whether this is possible. If yes, how. Please explain in detail.

Regards,

Manish.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member587434
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can try this.

1. Do UD of 01 type lot, so you will get BAT1 qty in unrestricted first.

2. Create BAT2 or allow system to create BAT2 during t/f.

3. Now do t/f posting with MB1B - mov 313 (s.loc(UNR) to s.loc(QI)). Here system will create 08 type lot in QI.

Hope this helps.

Thanks!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Nehal,

The problem is that partial quantity of the first batch BAT1 is spoilt. It is to be scrapped. Taking a UD and moving it to UNRESTRICTED will make the quantity usable and someone might issue it. I know that partial quantity can be posted to BLOCKED or it can be scrapped during UD itself but the requirement is to split batch.

Hence the client wants to move half of the quantity from QI stock itself to the new batch BAT2 and then reject BAT2.

Please let me know if this is possible.

Regards,

Manish.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can test it with a a 309 I believe but you might need a custom movement type eventually.

You can do parital postings at any time from the inspection lot. You'll use the stock posting screen to post the material to a new material. In here specify the same material number and I beleive you'll see a button for a new batch number. (I.e. you don't have to use MSC1n). Then enter in the amount. This is standard functionality.

What you want to do is in config, add a new stock posting line. You'll need to use a movement type for it that uses the 08 inspection type. i can't check today in a system but the goal is find a movement that will post the material to a new material number or batch number and has an inspection origin assigned to it. If it is activate, I believe you'll be able to post the material directly from the stock posting screen.

FF

former_member587434
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If this is d case then as suggested FF you can try mov type 309. It would definitely help you in your case.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey FireFighter,

Great Details !! Thanks a lot. I will find a movement type which generates an Inspectin Lot of type 08. Please let me know where in the config can I add an additional line in the 'Inspection Lot Stock' tab of UD Screen.

Regards,

Manish.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I can't get on system right this moment to check but in config it would be in QM under the area for Inspection Lot completion. You should be able to add a lines for VMENGE10 -12 I believe. Read the config help help files on this as if I remember correctly one or two of those VMENEGE may have some other special uses so I think there is a specific one you need to use.

If you have problems, let me know and I'll try and check later for you when I can get on a system.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi FireFighter,

Thanks a lot for this 2nd piece of information. What I believe is that configuring another value of VMENGE will give me an additional option for stock posting with UD codes in Selected Sets. How will that help me to resolve this scenario ? If I post the stock to a new batch with some UD Code where this new VMENGE is used for stock posting, how will I post the remaining stock ?

Regards,

Manish.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you can use a material movement that has an 08 inspection origin, it shoud create another inspection lot during the movement.

FF