Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Price control change

former_member205059
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear experts

We are in the process material correction in Material Master data, since we are going to change price control S to V and V to S

because some of the material master wrongly entered the pricecontrol. pls Suggest If i change to v to s and s to v ex, if it is FERT then price control will be s ,and HALB Will be v if i change what will be the accounting impact since i have checked, if any body worked on this scenerio pls give the in puts,

Thanks and warm Regards

Basavaraj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Price Control S is Standard Cost( will be fiexed per unit) and V is Moving Average Cost (dynamic nbased on GI and stock valu)

When you change the price controsl from S to V, if there are already open deliveries and when you invoice them , if you reprice the pricing during invocie, the cost in Invoice will be different to cost in Order and Delivery documents. this might throw away the accounting entires in COPA for cost and also in FI for the COGS. The same is the case when you change from V to S.

For new orders / deliveries/ Invoices also this applies..the cost will be a moving target if the price control is V. cost price will be determined based on Stock Value / Quantity available in stock.

So please look at all parameters and then action accordingly.

Regards

Sai

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member205059
Participant
0 Kudos

thanks to all

Former Member
0 Kudos

Steps to do that

1. make all stock zero in current period as well as in the previous period

2. close all the purchasing and sales document for this.

after doing this then try to change the price control indicator and why dont you give it a try in your quality system just check what happens by doing this

I belive that system would be hitting trnasaction ket UMB in that case !!!