cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download & Upload message mapping in PI 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have a Web Service -> PI -> Idoc interface configured in PI 7.1. The mapping is quite complex and they've decided to add 2 fields to the scenario. To do this they've created a new Idoc with different segment names (before they were something like "SEGMENT01" and now they are "SEGMENT02"). The field names are exactly the same. When I changed the structure the system told me that it was impossible to match the field names due to the change in the segment name and all mappings were skipped. This is no good, the mapping is huge. Is there a way to download the mapping to a text file, change the segment name manually and then upload it again? Please help....

Thank you all!

Pablo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Pablo,

Did you tried the yellow icon (correct Inconsistency) to make it look ok? I'm sure you won't loose the mapping by doing this.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Raj, I hadn't seen that button, you saved me a lot of time! Have a nice day!

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You welcome! Please see the below picture on what I've done. Any questions, please let us know!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8764045@N06/4461682843/sizes/o/

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

I am unable to find such icon. I am using PI7.1 itelf. I hope you are checking in Message mapping tab.

regards

rajeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try using the yellow button with a " ! ". There you choose the new name for the missing field. Pi 7.1 rocks! hehe

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rajeev,

Did you checked the picture I uploaded? The second picture last icon. Yes i'm doing in the message mapping.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am sorry but still i couldn't find such button in Message mapping screen. Does this appears only incase u changed root node of one message?

regards

rajeev

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm using it for the first time too. What you are trying to achieve, let me know - I will try to check in my system as well.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raj,

I am just trying to look for that Yellow button. I am not able to find that on Message mapping screen.

It happened in our scenario when our root node was changed. Luckily in our case mapping was easy hence we did performed mapping again.

regards

rajeev

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

U can use the mapping templates, and save the templates.

So when they add extra fields modify ur mapping only for those 2 fields.

Better create multiple mapping templates, for different level of hierarchy, so that u can reuse the templates in mapping again.

Also There is a option called Text Preview in message mapping, through which u can view the mapped fields, source and target.

Babu