cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dictionary Search help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am using a dictionary seach help 'PREMPEX', assigned to an attribute called globalid , it was working fine in all dev,quality and production systems.but now it's working only in the production system, not working in other systems.

Why is like this? Any idea how come like this? And in the layout for that attribute , where we get a icon for F4, that's also not coming. What could be the reason for this kind of behaviour?

Regards,

Lakshmi.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check that all the transport entries are there in all the systems. May be someone have made some changes in the WD component & the transport for these changes does not export to the other system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have created a context attribute and associated a search help 'PREMPEX' and did bind that attribute to input field and it is working fine.But if we associate the same attribute to one of the columns in table then it is not working.

This is my problem and in production with the same table UI element. it's working fine?

Regards,

Lakshmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you check in your WD view if the cell editor for the concerned table column is input field and not text view UI element.

Regards

Manas Dua

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

The table column is input field only.Why don't you try in your system? Assign a F4 for a table column which is an input field and try once?( The standard F4 s i tried are CALENDER and PREMPEX ). Please do let me know the results ?

Regards,

Lakshmi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If even you dont see the f4 icon just press f4 by placing the cursor in the table cell editor then it will open f4 help popup.

i checked in my system and it worked.

Thanks

Bala Duvvuri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Is there any way to get the F4 help icons.Do we need to apply any SAP note for that? With out f4 icon, user is not knowing that there exists a search help, right? Do let us know your thoughts.

Regards,

Lakshmi.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Compare version in the all three servers, whether they are same or not. by using utility menu option in se80

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just check the underlying WD component of you application and see whether dictionary search help is assigned to that attribute or not, no other reason why it would suddenly disappear.

Also map the node containing the attribute to respective view once more to reflect the changes done in comp contoller node .

Regards

Manas Dua