cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicate catalog item; price editable

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a client running SRM server 550; they have an issue that when a user creates a shopping cart and adds a catalog item, the price is not editable (as it should be). However, if the user then creates a copy that item, using the "duplicate" button in the SC, then the price becomes editable.

It appears this is a known problem and there is a solution for this (note 1386176) for SRM7.0, does anyone know if the same solution can be applied for SRM 5.0, or if there is an alternative solution?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Cheers - will give that a go

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tom,

I suggest you open a message with SAP. The problem here while copying the SC catalog line item is creating the condition type manual and hence it might be allowing you to edit the price. If my guess is correct, then you would be able to change the price on PO as well (obviously you should be on extended classic).

Bu using the Control UI Badi, and having an extended classic scenario, you may be deferring the problem from the SC to PO. You might want to do the same kind of development on the PO also.

Else, SAP has fixed the same issue for us on SRM 6.0. Of course, we could have done the meta data development on SRM 6.0 which we avoided and SAP gave a fix which is applicable for SRM 7.0 also.

Thank You,

DV

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you DV; that was pretty much what I was thinking (they are running ECS). Will open a message with SAP and wait for their response.

Much appreciated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your response but my question may have been a little confusing - I want the price to be fixed and not editable.

When the item is duplicated, the price becomes editable, which we do not want.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tom,

I got it. The BBP_UI_CONTROL_BADI gets called for every field on the screen. When the field it is called for is the PRICE field, you can check if the CATALOGID field is populated in ITEM and make it read only.

You may also want to check in BBP_PD when you copy an item from a catalog item if the CATALOGID field is getting populated in BBP_PDIGP table of the item.

SG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tom,

I believe the reason the catalog price is not editable is as it is supposed to have the latest price in catalog and it is a contract that has been negotiated with the vendor.

I have worked on similar requirement in the past to make the catalog price editable and you can use UI_CONTROL badi in SRM 5.0 to make this field editable. Remember that this BADI is no longer supported in SRM 7.0.

SG