cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cprojects - link between BP creation and user creation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have set up a user id in Cfolders which is applicable to use in the Cprojects. Now in Cprojects when someone is trying to assign this new user under the resource- person assignments tab. She is not able to find the new user. However, if she goes in the authorization tab she is able to find the user and give her admin/read/write access.

I assume its because the new user is not set up as a business partner using tcode BP. Is there a way of doing this in the front end instead of using SAP GUI as the user have access only to cproject portal link? I tried doing this in the person assignment tab using the create button it generated a BP number however when I try to find the user in the backend using BP transaction I am unable to find the BP number which was generated in the portal.

Also is there a link between the user id setup and BP?

Please let me know if someone can help me know and explain the steps of new user creation in Cfolders/cprojects

Thanks,

Simi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simi,

The authorization tab is allow user, user groups and roles access to the project and to perform activities. This has nothing to do with the resoucing of project tasks. This is why you are allowed to add users and roles here.

As for creating the BP from the front end, I have never tried this so I cannot comment on this. In most of my projects user and bp creation was done admin or IT (and not by end-users) as part of the "new cprojects user setup" process. In 1 project we even had a custom program automatically create the BP when a user was created from SU01. The link between BP and user master is by entering the user ID when creating the BP. There is no other form of link that I know of. For resource management creating business partners is mandatory in cProjects. For cFolders you do not need to create a BP.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Lashan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Lashan

Answers (0)