cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set default Product Type in Describe Requirement initial screen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are on SRM 7.0 Support Pack 5. Product Type: Material has been removed from default in Describe Requirement initial screen after applying support pack 5. However, product type: Material & Service are available in the drop down list.

Note: Before applying support pack 5, product type: Material was a default one.

Please let me know, how to set product type: Material as default in Describe Requirement initial screen.

Appreciate your help

BR,

Siva

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ricardo_cavedini
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

This behaviour has been changed by note 1330119 after discussion with SRM solution management in SP3.

If you add an item by using 'Describe requirement', even if the f4 help for product category does not have any default value, if you leave it empty and add the item, 'Material' is defaulted in the SC item.

I am afraid that it is not possible to default it again when creating the item.

Kind regards,

Ricardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ricardo,

Thanks for your reply.

I am trying to set the constant value for product type in structure BBP_PDS_SC_ITEM_ICU

i.e. for Search help parameter: PRODUCT_TYPE; Table Name: BBP_PDS_SC_ITEM_ICU; Field Name: PRODUCT_TYPE; Constant: 01

I'll update you the outcome on this soon.

BR,

Siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ricardo,

Below is the reply from SAP on this issue.

Unfortunately this is the SRM 7.0 Standard behavior. I have checked it and the behavior was changed from previous SRM 7.0 support packs.

We are not able to revert back this change. This behavior has been changed by note 1330119 after discussion with SRM solution management in SP03.

However:

Even if you add an item by using 'Describe requirement', even if the f4 help for product category does not have any default value, if you leave it empty and add the item, 'Material' is defaulted in the SC item. I am sorry I do not have a more positive response for this case.

BR,

Siva

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

-