cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scheduling

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are doing Strict bottom up planning. The system is giving correct results if I am doing scheduling at first time.

The project Basic end date is given and system gives me Project Basic Start date ( also to each WBS element) depending on activity durations and relationships.

But when we are changing Activity duration and rescheduling, system is not changing Basic dates for WBS and Project.

If we go to each WBS element and delete the Basic Start and finish date , then It works fine.

The requirement is to overwrite the date automatically .

Regards,

Amit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The problem is not solved.

The system is overwritting the Basic dates of WBS if we are increasing the activity duration. But not overwritting if we are reducing the activity duration.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Befroe rescheduling, try these steps:

1) Select All WBS elements

2) Delete Dates/Durations

3) Then "Reschedule".

The above step will ensure that when you are rescheduling, WBS dates are blank and they are not driving the scheduling of activities. So activities are now free to follow the scheduling method of their own and those dates will get opied to WBS element above.

Hope this solves your problem.

Regards,

Mahendra Dighe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahendra,

You are right.

But cant we avoid deleting the dates in all WBS? It should automatically overwrite.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can not avoid this. Even I faced customer questioning about this. But there is no other way I found to work around this.

It is like once you populate the dates in WBSE, those becomes driver for verything under that WBSE. I have not seen any configuration which can help us in this regards.

Regards,

Mahendra

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Amit, use strict bottom up planning and Network determine dates...Try with these and check whether basic dates are getting changed when the duration are reduced in activity.

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try setting Adjust basic date indicator in scheduling parameter and then check..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have already done that.

Regards,

Amit

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I just created a simple project and did a test run, it works fine for me, rescheduling changes the basic date....any other info like which tcode you use...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmed,

I am using CJ20N only and I have Automatic Scheduling on.

I have made planning method as Strict Bottom up in project profile.

Regards,

Amit

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you using planning board to schedule?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not using Planning board.

Regards,

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try scheduling in planning board...before scheduling check the scheduling paramaters......and do you select network header and then schedule it in CJ20N or how do you it CJ20N?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmed,

I am now trying using same planning board. but result is same. Even if I am changing the duration of activity Basic start dates are not getting changed.

What scheduling parameters should I select?\

Regards,

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try with these parameter in planning board and then see

scenario : free scheduling

scheduling method : strict bottom up

start date in past , scheduling type: depends upon project requirement

scheduling method: network determine dates

adjust basic date: yes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ahmed

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Amit, but let us know where it went wrong...so that if we face same problem we could check that....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

It is working fine when I am scheduling from Project Planning Board.

Regards,