cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WBS field selection

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The requirement is to have Profit Center mandatory to all WBS elements except level 1 WBS .

I have checked field selection for WBS ." Level" influencing field is available but there are no values in content.

Please suggest.

Regards,

Amit

Edited by: Amit More on Mar 25, 2010 4:00 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Amit,

As an alternative you can use validation....setting your prerequisite as level not equal to 1 and check profit cener is not null...

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Amit If I hav followed you correctly than you are looking that Based on WBS Elemetn level you wanted to make Profit center mandatory ( All WBS elments higher than level 2 ). THe same option is with level 2 as influencing filed and you can make profit center is mandatory . same you have to do for all the level manually, but this change will be across system.

Rther than using level as influendin field, I suggest you to use Validation as Ahmed told. Becaseu here your can very well control based on Project profile.

With Regards

Nitin P.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmed / Nitin,

Yes...I am aware of the Validation can be done for this.

But question is why Levels are not appearing in Influencing fields?

Regards,

Amit

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Level -PRPS-STUFE is ther as influending filed in T Code OPUK. Please check it, I have checked it in ECC6.0 and R/3 4.7 as well.

Ok Now I got it, You have to give here level in contents like as 001, 002 ans so on. As this no wehre we are defining in master data or transaction data.

With Regards

Nitin P.

Edited by: Nitin Patoliya on Mar 25, 2010 6:12 PM

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think you need to enter the number manually like 001,002..etc., this is just numbers I think that is why it is not there in F4...even if it is there it would show numbers from 001 to 999...

Edited by: Ahmed Rifaee on Mar 25, 2010 6:14 PM

NathanGenez
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nitin is correct. I've configured similar requirements around Level, Plant, Company Code, etc. using standard PS field selection. A validation will work too but it's not required and I would only use it if the standard field selection did not work. It's overkill in my opinion and not worth the additional admin.