cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All Software Components in NWDS are empty - Not able to create DCs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using CE7.20 and want to create a track. Track creation works fine but in NWDS all default SC like BPEM-BASE, BPEM-BUILDT are empty. The DCs of them are not loaded so I can not create own projects e.g.

May anybody help me please. I am in desperation!

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

did you checkin and import the SCA files?

Kind regards

Jan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks for your quick response. The SC I am talking about are all from SAP. In NWDS they are shown in "blue".

In View "Undeploy View" I am able to see them all so I guess they are already uploaded!!!

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

did you read the how to setup a track documents?

After you have defined the SC dependencies to the sap components you added your SC to the track.

So the structure is there but no DCs at all. This is because you have to checkin and transport the content of the SAP SCs first.

Change to transport studio. Select your track and checkin tab. If you do not see the sap SCs there. You have to copy the files to your filesystem first. Path can be found in the gui.

After checkin transport them them dev and cons.

After that you will be ready to go.

Sorry for my short reply. I don#t want to be rude, but I am pretty busy at the moment.

Hope this helps

Jan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Soory forgot one thing.

Take care that you checkin the right SP Stack Level. It should be the same as on your runtime system. The application is planed to run on.

Have a good time

Jan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, I "checked in" and "developed" the SCAs in CMS-Transport Studio. Now it works!!!!

But nevertheless, I am very very confused because in CE711 I do not have to upload the default SCAs!!! The default SC were automatically delivered completely!

May you send me a link of the documentation please you are talking about?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

hmm should be all the same in 7.11.

Maybe it is because your NWDI is running on 7.11? It could be possible that sapinst copies those archives. Not sure..

But generally you have to copy files to CMS/inbox first.

Sure I can give you the link it is for CE 7.10 but its all the same in 7.11:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/7014086d-3fd9-2910-80bd-be3417810...

Hope this answers all your questions.

Kind regards

Jan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hm, I do not know why it works automatically under 7.11

But at the moment I do not have the patience to research. I am happy that it works.

Thank you very much

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

p330068
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

if the track is already created with proper dependancy. then once you update the NWDI develpment infrastructure details in Windows>>Preferences>>Development infrastruture in NWDS and then you need to login to NWDI through NWDS and import the configuration in NWDS.

Then you can the DC/SC as what you want.

Please check help.sap.com for importing configuration in NWDS

Hope it helps

Regards

Arun