SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EMIGALL: System landscape

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

We are planning a migration project using EMIGALL Both systems (legacy and new) are SAP ISU systems.

Our concern is which is the system landscape required/recommended for a migration project.Is better to use different systems that the ones used for the project, or we can use the same system and specific clients for the migration project.

Thanks in advance for your help.

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Are the two systems on the same release?

Tools:

As far as I know, SAP has been working on tool(s) to transfer data from one IS-U system to another. I've never seen an official announcement on this, though. Therefore I suggest to get in contact with SAP first.

The IS-U data migration tool - transaction EMIGALL - was developed to migrate from a non-ISU system (this includes the former SAP R/2 RIVA solution) into IS-U, which is still a perfectly good way to migrate data from one IS-U system to another.

Systems:

Now for development/small volume testing purpose you can use two clients on one system, one the source the other the target. For larger volumes, like rehearsal testing and the productive migration, I would strongly recommend to have two systems with one client each. Otherwise the CPUs/disks are shared by export and import tasks, which would reduce your throughput significantly.

From a development point of view I would develop the export tools using the EMIGALL settings to keep it flexible. This allows to start the migration development earlier in the project and it can easily be adjusted when functional changes occur.

Yep

Jürgen

Edited by: sattlerj on Apr 13, 2010 3:11 AM