cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems starting CE7.2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

<br/>I installed the CE 7.2 Java AS. The installation seemed successful, but I have trouble starting the server. I installed the AS, using the default installation values where possible. My servername is CE1.

<br/>The SAP Central Services (SCS) instance starts up normally and has status "Running" (there are no problems stated in the SCS log files).

<br/>The JEE instance however doesn't startup completely, its status remains "Some processes running" forever. The JEE instances work\stderr0 log contains following error: "Error: Database CE1 NOT started !". The WinXP Services-console states, that the MAXDB: CE1 service is started (and is configured to start automatically). The MAXDB: CE1 (slow) is also configured to start automatically, but is not started. It can't be started manually either.

<br/>The installed sap mmc doesn't show any database informations (in contrast to previous installations), the database view only shows the message "There are no items to show in this view.".

<br/>The SAP Management Console, that can be accessed using port 50*13 shows one Database for CE1, a click on the database icon results in an exception:

<br/>java.rmi.RemoteException: Service call exception; nested exception is:

<br/>

java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect

<br/>Moreover, the work\jvm_datcol.out logfile contains three fatal entries:

<br/>FATAL: Main class "com.sap.engine.datcol.internal.DataCollectorApp"; cannot be started:

<br/>FATAL: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Unable to determine data set location.

<br/>at com.sap.engine.datcol.internal.DataCollectorApp.determineDirectoryLayout(DataCollectorApp.java:76)

<br/>at com.sap.engine.datcol.internal.DataCollectorApp.main(DataCollectorApp.java:28)

<br/>at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

<br/>at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)

<br/>at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

<br/>at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)

<br/>at com.sap.engine.offline.OfflineToolStart.main(OfflineToolStart.java:161)

<br/>FATAL: com.sap.engine.offline.OfflineToolStart will abort now with exitcode 2

<br/>I installed the server to a 32bit WinXP system (SP3), parallel to an already existing installation of the CE7.1 AS Java (the old installation was running just fine).

<br/>I Guess the database installation/configuration is erroneous. Some SDN posts indicate, that other users have this problem too. Is there a way to fix this?

<br/>Any help is appreciated.

<br/>Kind regards,

<br/>Edit 1: I'm sorry for the poor formatting of this post, I don't know why it is not formatted the way I posted it...

<br/>Edit 2: Plain html-formatting seems to work. I guess that's better than a completely unformatted post...

Helmut

Edited by: Helmut Kigseder on Mar 25, 2010 9:39 AM

Edited by: Helmut Kigseder on Mar 25, 2010 9:43 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP service (eg SAPCE1_02) was started under user NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE. Under this user, database could not be started (eg dbmcli was not found in the PATH).

After I changed user that start SAP service to an user with right environment SAP instance (and database instances) could be succesfuly started from SAP MMC.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is exactly the same problem I am having however I do not understand what you mean by you changed the user that start SAP service to an user with right environment SAP instance (and database instances) could be succesfuly started from SAP MMC.

My userid is an administrator id on XP machine I installed trial CE 7.2. I do not know of any other userid on the machine.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Arun,

yes, the JAVA_HOME looks like your example.

The server is installed on my pc, so there should be no need for entries in the host file.

I forgot to mention, that I installed the trial version of the AS. Does that make any difference?

Kind regards,

Helmut

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have the same problem too, and still looking for a solution .

I tried to install Netweaver ABAP+Java SR3 and had so many problems.

now I am trying to install Netweaver CE 7.2 SDN evaluation and the installation is complete but it seems that the java server is not running. when I open the management console, everything is running (green lights) except jstart.exe (yellow light : some process running)

Error :

=================================================================================================

java.rmi.RemoteException: Service call exception; nested exception is:

java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect

at com.sap.managementconsole.soap.sap.saphostcontrol.SAPHostControlStub.getDatabaseStatus(SAPHostControlStub.java:995)

at com.sap.managementconsole.dataloader.soap.sap.ISAPHostControlImpl.getDatabaseStatus(ISAPHostControlImpl.java:147)

at com.sap.managementconsole.common.data.SAPDatabaseInstance.loadChildren(SAPDatabaseInstance.java:57)

at com.sap.managementconsole.operations.LoadOperation.execute(LoadOperation.java:32)

at com.sap.managementconsole.operations.AuthorizedOperation.execute(AuthorizedOperation.java:55)

at com.sap.managementconsole.common.DataLoader.executeAllQueuedOperations(DataLoader.java:670)

at com.sap.managementconsole.common.ThreadPoolDataLoader$DataLoaderTask.execute(ThreadPoolDataLoader.java:127)

at com.sap.managementconsole.common.ThreadPoolManager$ThreadPoolElement.run(ThreadPoolManager.java:276)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect

at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method)

at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.doConnect(Unknown Source)

at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(Unknown Source)

at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)

at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)

at java.net.Socket.connect(Unknown Source)

at java.net.Socket.connect(Unknown Source)

at java.net.Socket.<init>(Unknown Source)

at java.net.Socket.<init>(Unknown Source)

at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.jaxm.soap.HTTPSocket.initStreamsFromSocket(HTTPSocket.java:648)

at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.jaxm.soap.HTTPSocket.initializeStreams(HTTPSocket.java:470)

at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.jaxm.soap.HTTPSocket.getOutputStream(HTTPSocket.java:427)

at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.jaxrpc.wsdl2java.soapbinding.HTTPTransport.getRequestStream(HTTPTransport.java:355)

at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.jaxrpc.wsdl2java.soapbinding.MimeHttpBinding.outputMessage(MimeHttpBinding.java:550)

at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.jaxrpc.wsdl2java.soapbinding.MimeHttpBinding.call(MimeHttpBinding.java:1432)

at com.sap.managementconsole.soap.sap.saphostcontrol.SAPHostControlStub.getDatabaseStatus(SAPHostControlStub.java:988)

... 8 more

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Arun,

thanks for your reply!

We read through the Post-installation section of the installation guide, but did not find anything helping us.

There are two CE1 database services listed in the winXP service console: MaxDB CE1 and MaxDB CE1(slow). Both start automatically, MaxDB CE1 is started.

Additionally, there are two further MaxDB services, named MaxDB: .M[number]. They start automatically as well and are all stopped.

JAVA_HOME points to a JDK 1.6.

The PATH system variable contains several entries, that point to the CE1 database:

sapdb\clients\CE1\bin

sapdb\clients\CE1\pgm

sapdb\programs\bin

Are we missing something?

Kind regards

Helmut

p330068
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Helmut,

All parameter looks fine to me...

JAVA_HOME = C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.xx

Please Update your server IP address and host name in host file entry at (Start > RUN > drivers > etc > host file) and try again.

Hope it helps

Regards

Arun

p330068
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Helmut,

Please check post installation for CE7.2 in installation guide. check the database services and enviroment variable for JDK and Database is added or not. Verify the JDK version for CE7.2

Hope it helps

Regards

Arun