cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to check user transactional history

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

we have ECC 5.0 , i need to know the transactional history of a particular user.

let me elaborate my query,

my sd consultant came up to me and he suspects that one of our sales engineer of changing the sales target. he needs to know what this sales engineer did 1 month before like what transactions he did and which report he executed. i have tried to get the data from sto3n but there was no result, same with stad.

i know that sm20 will activate the audit and i can track a user log but here i need to know history for transactional log for this sales engineer for 30 days back.

please suggest me how to get this transactional history.

many thanks for your help.

regards

<subject_modified>

Do NOT use UPPERCASE on the subject

Read the "Rules of Engagament"

Edited by: Juan Reyes on Mar 25, 2010 9:42 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nirmal_konchada
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

You can check it from trnx STAD/STAT.

Nirmal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Nirmal

many thanks for your quick reply, i tried using STAD/STA but there is no output in there. it says no records were found.

is there any other way besides stad/stat

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

1 month before

Unfortunately STAD or ST03 won't go back for that long a period.

And if you didn't activate SM20 before, there will be no chance to get that information.

It isn't stored anywhere.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi joe

many thanks for your reply. how long do you think stad and stat stores the data i mean for how many days.

also. if i activate sm20 which files i should monitor for the growth because we have like 470 users and i know that sm20 logging usually takes up lot of space.

regards

thanks again for your help.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As far as I remember STAD store 2 days by default.

The Security Audit Log stores collected data into plain text file so it doesnt eat lots of space.

Read,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/c7/69bcb7f36611d3a6510000e835363f/content.htm

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi juan

many thanks for your answer

regards

Answers (0)