Hi,

I am performing system copy to build a new system( ECC 6.0 SR2) using

database specific technique(MSSQL). As the environment is entirely new(OS:

win2k3 server, DB: MSSQL 2005) for me I have few doubts that I wanted to

confirm:

1) What should be the instance name while installing MSSQL, default or

tgt<sid>?

2) After restoration from full backup of source system, do I need to restore

transaction log backup of source system on target?

3) What all actions need to be performed on the restored database before

running sapinst on target server to build up the target SAP server?

Regards,

Mridul

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Used Sapinst instead of db specific technique...

Former Member
0 Kudos

After installing MSSQL 2005 on tgt system I restored the full backup that I took from source system, now when I am trying to apply the transaction log backup to the tgt DB it throws error (You must select a restore source) even after the correct path of the transaction log backup file is given.

Please guide.

rgds,

Mridul

former_member524429
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would refer the concerned System copy guide "[System Copy for SAP Systems Based on NW 7.0 SR2 ABAP+Java|https://websmp108.sap-ag.de/~sapdownload/011000358700006457662006E/SYSCOPY_2004sSR2_ABAPJava.pdf] " along with this [SAP Note 151603 - Copying an SQL Server database|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/151603] for getting all answers.

All prerequisites / steps are well mentioned in that documents. Please read them carefully.

Regards,

Bhavik G. Shroff

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I read the guide and note given by you and I read SAP Note 193816 - Restore with SQL Server in addition to the note u mentioned. In note 151603 I have some confusion like do I need to perform steps 4-7 as I am using backup/restore technique not attach/detach. Again I do not find ans to my queston like, What should be the instance name while installing MSSQL, default or tgt<sid>?

rgds,

Mridul