cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancel confirmation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi;

recently i came up with a problem that i would like to share with you here for any positive feed back on it.

In my scenario i am doing Confirmation on Network Activity, and these activities are lying under a WBS.

Now in one of my WBS i have status PCNF (Partial Confirmation), even though all the Activities lying underneath have status = REL only.

How can i Cancel confirmation on WBS just like Network Activity (CN29)?

Thanks in Advance.

Edited by: e GURU on Mar 25, 2010 8:11 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

PCNF is set on WBS when you put actaul date on it. For putting actual date on WBS, your required release or Partially released status on all the below activity

Remove actaul date from WBS. PCNF status will be removed by system. You can achieve in most of WBs structure maintenance transaction. But use Cj21 -->Give your WBS --> Enter >Click on Actaul date tab> Click on WBS Element >EDit>WBS--_ Delete -->Delete date.

With Regards

Nitin p.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Nitin;

I dont have any actual dates on my WBS.

Only have Basic dates.

When i try to remove those dates = BLANK, system issues an error message:

System status PCNF is active (WBS N09079.401.191)

Message no. BS013

Diagnosis

Object WBS N09079.401.191 has system status PCNF (Partially confirmed). According to this status, transaction 'Delete basic dates' is not allowed.

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

run CJEN to rebuild database

Also check if your WBS scheduling profile has Network determine dates

Former Member
0 Kudos

@ All

Thank you for your prompt replies.

I am executing confirmation on my Network/Activities.. only

CJEN did not report any thing un-usual, and hence no update on WBS status PCNF (Partial Confirmation)

As per my knowledge system assigns this status as soon as confirmation is been carried out on Activity lying below that WBS.

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes that's true observation only, but you have mentioned that all the activity are REL status ans WBS is in PCNF So, it not clicked to anyone. Anyway issue is resolved.

With Regards

Nitin P.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Nitin.

Issue is not Resolved yet.

Activites are in Status REL, and no confirmation is carried out on ACTIVITY

Now PCNF on WBS, how can i reset this status?

Former Member
0 Kudos

As Nitin has explained that WBS status PCNF is only set if you enter actual date not basic date and it is canceled if you delete the actual date.

Since your WBS doesn't have actual date but it has status PCNF, maybe you can try to enter any actual date and then delete it, see what happen, if the status PCNF still exists maybe you can contact SAP Global Support

Hope it helps

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you saying that all activities under WBS Elements are under status REL only noe of them is having PCNF or CNF and there is not actaul date on WBS Elements also. But Status of WBS Elemetns is PCNF. Please confirm.

With Regards

Nitin P.

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes NITIN now you got the exact scenario..

Thats exactly whats happening.

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What are other system status on WBS Elements, I asssume that you are not using user status for Any pf your PS Objects.

You are on which version.

With Regards

Nitin P.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank You NITIN for takin your time out.

Other Statuses on My WBS are:

REL PCNF BUDG ISBD AUC AVAC NTUP

Currently on ECC 6.0

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For this perticualr WBS Elements had you ever confirmed any of below activity and than after cancelled the same. You can check with CNSTATUS report for is any inconsitancy in system. Please confirm this two things.

With Regards

Nitin P.

Former Member
0 Kudos

@ NITIN

Yes for this particular WBS, confirmation was carried out (and reversed later) on an activity lying underneath.

Also have executed CNSTATUS on this project, but it returned "no status error found".

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think as you have confirmed activity and and again cancelled due to it system has set status PCNF on WBS, I feel that In Latest support pack it shoudld take back PCNF from WBS but it is not taking back in your case. ( recent back in forum we have discussed this thngs with respect to TECO status )

With Regards

Nitin P.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank You all

for your time and knowledge sharing.

Issue is not resolved but am going for OSS.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I guess I have the answer, not sure whether it will work for you but its worth trying.

Faced the same issue @ WBS level. Though the Actual dates column was blank, the status was showing PCNF.

I tried CJEN, rebuilding the Database and stuff , but nothing worked. Actually this is how i landed to here searching for similar query.

The Solution that worked for me though is as follows :

I entered a date in Actual Start for WBS and saved the Project (using CJ2B, Planning Board, WBS details)

Then I reopened the project in CJ2B , deleted the Actual Date, and saved it again.

BINGO.... the PCNF Status was gone.

Regards,

MAKAR08