cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOM ECN extraction as PDX package

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

We are using CFO 4.5 and wanted to use PDX export / import functionality.

In SPRO - Specify Field mapping profile for PDX Package import and export, i can see two profiles as foll:-

0SAP_CFX and 0SAP_ECN

Any other configuration is required for extracting ECN and BOM in cFolders as PDX package?

I tried to export an ECN as PDX package , but was unable to open the file.. Any suggestions?

Regards

Aby

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ulf_petzel
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Aby,

you can parse the .pdx file with the publicly available PDXplorer, http://www.pdxplorer.com/. PDX is just a ZIP file with file extension .pdx and original files (of documents related to ECNs, BOMs, Materials, MPNs) as well as the pdx.xml as meta-data carrier in it.

What do you want to do with the PDX files? Upload into an Agile PLM system or another legacy system? Which industry are you in?

Regards, Ulf.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ulf,

We are mapping the requirements for a client who use Agile .. They need this functionality in SAP PLM. Thanks.

Regards,

Aby

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ulf_petzel
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

the profile to export an ECN in cFolders is 0SAP_ECN, as you indicated.

The reason for an issue with opening the exported file can be for example:

1. You export data that is not completely populated, e.g. in an ECN, you have materials and MPNs where some of the fields mapped in the profile are not maintained. For this, please try to export an ECN without any linked objects first.

2. If above export was not successfull, there might be an issue with the default export profile, or the tool that you are using for opening the PDX package. Which tool is it?

If you send me the exported file, I can also analyze it quickly what went wrong.

Regards, Ulf.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ulf,

Thanks for a prompt reply. In fact the PDX package was opened in another system and I could see the XML file.

I do not have any specific softwares to open PDX.. My question is that - do we need any specific software to open this. I cannot see any 'Extract here'' or unzip option when I right click the PDX file.

What software we need?

Regards,

Aby