cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWDS HTTPS Connection

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Presently, i am trying to trying to connect to a track from NWDS and getting below error. Request your help in getting a solution.

Please find the complete scenario described below.

ERROR Observed:

com.sap.cms.util.exception.CMSUnexpectedException: Unable to open connection to host "XXXXXX:56000". The host is down or unavailable..

at com.sap.cms.client.ideAPI.CmsConfiguration.getConfiguration(CmsConfiguration.java:306)

1. I have successfully connected to NWDI from NWDS

2. On trying to connect to a track and download the component, in DC perspective i am getting below mentioned error.

3. As per the error i understand, NWDS is trying to connect to HTTP <HOST:PORT>, and as HTTP port is disabled i am getting the above error.

Now, as port cannot be opened at the earliest, is there any work around in NWDS to connect to HTTPS PORT as I am successfully able to connect to Portal via HTTPS ports and get page cannot be displayed error while connecting through HTTP port.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

p330068
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sushil

Please check that your NWDI server is up/running or not. Also, you can verify that if this NWDI NetWeaver Administration URL open properly http://<host>:<port>/devinf..Here you can check CMS, CBS etc

Also, Please update your NWDI, Portal and backend server IP address and host name in host file entry at (Start > RUN > drivers > etc > host file). then try connect through NWDS, it will work

Hope it helps

Regards

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for quick reply!

So, you mean the issue is noto due to HTTP PORT being closed, but due to the missing entried in HOST file?

As i am using NWDS Installed on Citrix and its very hard to get the host files installed in Citrix server.

Is there any work around that can be performed in NWDS and get this issue resolved?

I have check using http://:/devinf. URL and i am successfully able to view CMS CBS are UP.

Also i have pinged server from NWDS and its responding successfully.

Only Error is :

com.sap.cms.util.exception.CMSUnexpectedException: Unable to open connection to host "XXXXXX:56000". The host is down or unavailable..

Caused by: com.sap.cms.client.connector.CMSConnectorException: Unable to open connection to host "XXXXXXX:56000". The host is down or unavailable..

at com.sap.cms.client.connector.CMSConnector.callMethod(CMSConnector.java:399)

at com.sap.cms.client.organizerAPI.CMSTransportOrganizerAPI.getConfiguration(CMSTransportOrganizerAPI.java:562)

Caused by: java.io.IOException: Unable to open connection to host "XXXXXX:56000". The host is down or unavailable..

Regards,

p330068
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sushil,

I don't think so there is workaround for the same, it look likes eithe your NWDI server is down or host files are not mentained.

I would suggest that you need to ask to add servers IP and host name entry in host file of the citrx. then you will get acess from citrix. I have faced this issue before and have added in citrix host file

Hope it helps,

Regards

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sushil,

I am facing the exact same issue too. Would you be able to tell me how you resolved the issue?

Thanks & Regards,

Vaishnavi