cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with production in another plant.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

This is related to Production in another plant.

Say material A in planned in plant 1000 and produced in plant X and Y. Production in another plant special procurement key is used. But at a given time only one plant can be used for production. Either X(41) or Y(42), depending on the key in the material master used.

Now say the key used is 42(i.e. production in plant Y).

If we want to produce in the different plant other than the key specified in material master say in plant X then we need to change the special procurement key and wait till it is transferred to APO.

This is cumbersome and requires master data changes everytime and also time.

Our requirement is that when the user creates order manually system should prompt from which plant production should happen, so that any production plant any be selected.

Thanks,

Rajesh Jain

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi rajesh,

if overhead costs for both the plants are same, that is, it does not matter whether the production happens in plant 1 or plant 2, you can define 2 routings in plant 1. in the 2nd routing, you can include the work centers from the second plant. create another production version at this plant, attach routing 2 and second procution version. this will ensure that 2 PPMs get created at the same plant. and whenevr you create a manual order, the system will prompt you to choose the PPM, you may select the PPM based on the respurce on which you want to manufacture.

Please take care that you will have to ensure that the overhead costs in either of the plants are same. you can get in touch with your finance team before you take this approach.

let me know if this helps.

rgds, Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

you can check the same by having both the tlanes in APO and prioritising by maintaining the higher procurement priority in tlane from plant x or plant y depending on your requirement and in line with R3.So At any point one T-lane will have higher procurement priority which will be same as the special procurement key in R3. This will allow heuristics to plan correctly in batch runs

However when any user would make an order manually then both the T-lanes would be shown and he can choose any of the two.

What you need to check is that the order with different source of supply then the special procurement key maintained in R3 gets reconciled to R3 as well. I hope it should be.

Let me know if it helps

Regards

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gaurav,

Procurement priority do not work for the production in another plant scenario. Here if procurement priority works if we have more than one PDS in one plant.