cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Posting periods

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Maybe I should have posted this in the FI forum. The issue is when trying to post initial stock into a plant, the system throws an error message "Posting only possible in periods 2010/12 and 2010/11 in company code xxxx". I erroneously closed the periods in MMPV and now in the "Check period" option, current period is shown as 122010. The fiscal year variant assigned to the company code is V3, and the posting period variant is 0001. For all the account types , viz. +, A,D,M,K,S the time interval is from 11997 to 12099. Please advise how can I reverse the mistake I made.

Thanks beforehand,

Shivaji.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shivaji,

What you have done is change the MM (Logistics) posting periods. These are separete from fiscal (FI) posting periods.

To correct any wrong processing using MMPV use txn MMPI but first carefully read the instructions (the little blue "i" at the top of the selection screen of MMPI). Also note that MMPI does NOT have a test mode so run it only after understanding the implications.

There's lots of links on the Net to help understand this transaction. Read, understand and only then execute.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Gulshan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gulshan,

I tried MMPI but the system would not let me execute it. The error said "Follow the instructions in Note 487381 before initialization". Then I searched SDN for MMPI as you had instructed. I found the answer there. What I did was as instructed in one of the threads, which is as follows:

1: I deleted the plant assignment to company code in OX18

2: Then in OMSY, I changed the current financial year to 2009, which was set to 2010 by mistake.

3: Then I reassigned the plant to the comp code in OX18

Now I can post stock in the plant. Thanks a lot for your hint.

Regards,

Shivaji.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shivaji,

GO to SAP Easy Acess Screen Menu bar go to system - User Profile -owndata

Then maintain User profile Parameter Id MMPI_READ_NOTE and in the paramet value 20100325.

Then go to MMPI enter the cdompany code and give the date31.04.2010

it will help you to revese the posting period back.

Thanks,

Vasu