cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

inconsistens in controlfiles

0 Kudos

Hello at all,

we have a IDES ERP on Winx64 and oracle 10g.

We had to make a rollback.

now we get an error, that the controlfiles in the mirrorlogs has

an other version.i've tryed to change the init....dba file, so that

the oracle instance don't kown that there are controlfiles in the mirrorlogA and B.

i left only the entry to the controlfile in sapdata.

when i now try to start the db, i get still the error that the controlfile in mirrorlog A

has an other verision to this in sapdata. Can anybody tell me in which configfile else, the

parameter for controlefiles is set?

best regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

stefan_koehler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Tobias,

please let's start at the beginning again. Some very important information is missing.

> We had to make a rollback.

Ok, i think you mean a "restore" of your database.

- What was the reason for that (just for information)?

- Did you upgrade your database in between (so that the restored data files are of a lower database release)?

- What did you exactly restore (data files, control files, etc.)?

> i've tryed to change the init....dba file

Ok, but if you are using SPFILEs (which should be the standard) you also have to change it there.

Please answer the corresponding questions - then we are able to help you.

Regards

Stefan

0 Kudos

Hello Stefan,

yes we restored the hole database, because we had a mismatch in table RSMPTEXTS.

This table is responsable for the description of the items in the menubar.

i dont changed the init<SID>.dba file, that was a prescribe by me.

i changed and after Bhavik wrote a rechanged the init<SID>.ora file.

The weird thing is, that at this IDES ERP i'm not sure, that it has used the spfile.

i read in the adminbook for oracle, that since oracle 9i the spfile should be the standard.

But when i execute SQL> show parameter spfile

there is no entry, so i create the spfile like in note [601157|https://service.sap.com/sap/bc/bsp/spn/sapnotes/index2.htm?numm=601157] described.

After this i change the control_file parameter.

Now the new value of the control_file is set and i don't get this error.

but following:

ORA-00314: log 4 of thread 1, expected sequence# 11936 doesn't match 11928

ORA-00312: online log 4 thread 1: 'C:\ORACLE\DB1\MIRRLOGB\LOG_G14M2.DBF'

ORA-00314: log 4 of thread 1, expected sequence# 11936 doesn't match 15372

ORA-00312: online log 4 thread 1: 'G:\ORACLE\DB1\ORIGLOGB\LOG_G14M1.DBF'

now i try to fix this

best regards

Edited by: Tobias Ferger on Mar 25, 2010 2:28 PM

stefan_koehler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Tobias,

> ORA-00314: log 4 of thread 1, expected sequence# 11936 doesn't match 11928

> ORA-00312: online log 4 thread 1: 'C:\ORACLE\DB1\MIRRLOGB\LOG_G14M2.DBF'

I guess you have performed an incomplete recovery because of a mismatch in table RSMPTEXTS, right?

It seems like you have not opened the database with "RESETLOGS" option and the "old" online redolog files still remain in the folders.

Metalink note #1034098.6 describes this situation with 2 possible reasons. As i don't know what you have exactly done - please read this metalink note. For metalink access check sapnote #758563

Regards

Stefan

0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

thanky for your help.

i find some other reply from you like

[Database is not Opening. Errors are coming due to Copy Mismatch of Log file |;,

and an other one

[Error ORA-00313|;.

They were helpful to fix the issue with the mirrlog's.

thanks

Edited by: Tobias Ferger on Mar 29, 2010 2:37 PM

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Tobias, if you resolved your issue, please set this topic's status as "answered"

0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

sry for that.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member524429
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

First take backup of all control file copies.

Have you edited CONTROL_FILES parameter in init<sid>.ora file or SPFILE ? Modify it to include just one copy of control file. e.g control file of located at sapdata location.

If you are using SPFILE, then do the modifications using BR*tools only. The new init<sid>.ora file will be created automatically from SPFILE after such modification. This will give content consistency in both the files.

Try to Open ur DB instance with single available control file by specifying it into CONTROL_FILES parameter and try to open DB instance with different different versions of Control file.

If the DB instance is opened with the good control file copy and if any Datafiles found with inconsistency then you will have to perform recovery, if it is required.

If you fail to start DB Instance with all available different control files (one by one), then you will have to restore the latest control file from ur last successful backup. Otherwise, the new control file is required to create ultimately.

After opening the DB instance with good control file, please copy it to the mirrored locations of control files and redo the changes in CONTROL_FILES parameter in SPFILE or init<sid>.ora file accordingly and re-start DB instance.

Regards,

Bhavik G. Shroff

0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks for your reply.

I changed the parameter in init<SIS>.ora.

Now i tryed to change the parameter using brtools.

but the brspace process stops, because the database is not open.

i also looked up the init<SID>.sap file, but there is no parameter set for controlfiles.

maybe im wrong, if we don't use SPFILE, this parameter should involved in the ...sap file.

best regards

former_member524429
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I changed the parameter in init<SIS>.ora.

Please do not change it directly if SPFILE is in use. Use[ BR*Tools to do the changes in SPFILE |http://help.sap.com/saphelp_NW70EHP1core/helpdata/en/f1/0d01b42a4aa84fbe2be415d23bf023/frameset.htm]and the new init<sid>.ora file will be created automatically when you finish the modifications.

i also looked up the init<SID>.sap file, but there is no parameter set for controlfiles.

SPFILE will be with spfile<sid>.ora as name at the same location of init<SID>.ora. If spfile<sid>.ora does not exist (means it is not in use, though its recommended to use SPFILE) you can chagne init<SID>.ora file for the same but after taking its backup copy.

Regards,

Bhavik G. Shroff