Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ports between App and Db

ajjunit84
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All

Can you please let me know which are the ports which should be enabled in the firewall between

Linux Oracle Db and Windows SAP systems.

Gone throw the ports details document by SAP and i think these would be required

3.Listener_Port 1527

Apart from these ,which should be enable in the firewall for the installation purpose.

Regards

Ajay

Edited by: Ajay Sandal on Mar 25, 2010 10:05 AM

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

martin_voros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

have a look at document [TCP/IP Ports Used by SAP Applications|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/4e515a43-0e01-0010-2da1-9bcc452c280b?quicklink=index&overridelayout=true]. It gives you a list of all ports used by SAP applications. Which ports need to be accessible depends on your requirements. Regarding Oracle DB, by default it listens on port 1527 as you said. Obviously, the port can be reconfigured. According to the linked document, the ports 21212 and 21213 are used by sapinst. So I don't see a reason why they should be accessible from outside.

Cheers

2 REPLIES 2

martin_voros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

have a look at document [TCP/IP Ports Used by SAP Applications|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/4e515a43-0e01-0010-2da1-9bcc452c280b?quicklink=index&overridelayout=true]. It gives you a list of all ports used by SAP applications. Which ports need to be accessible depends on your requirements. Regarding Oracle DB, by default it listens on port 1527 as you said. Obviously, the port can be reconfigured. According to the linked document, the ports 21212 and 21213 are used by sapinst. So I don't see a reason why they should be accessible from outside.

Cheers

0 Kudos

Hi Martin

Thanks for the reply.

I have gone throw this document.

21212 and 21213..since we will be having a distributed installation and there is a firewall between DB and Windows so i think it shoud be enabled -

to display the installaton process on the Windows while installing on Linux ..which port is used??

Apart from that is there anything i missed.

Regards

Ajay