cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

contract updating

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friends.

in default SAP settings, we can still create a sales order with reference to a contract that has both quantity fully referenced, and validity date ending in the past. we get warning messages V1501 and V1448 for both cases, respectively. these messages cannot be configured into error messages; is it correct to assume that these messages can be turned into error messages through ABAP? what could be possible consequences?

also, when we create a sales order with reference to the contract, and the order is partially delivered. when we reject the sales order quantity, the entire order quantity becomes open again in the contract and not the rejected quantity. is there a way to update the contract only for the rejected quantity?

many thanks.

jtyap

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

closing this thread.

aramsum
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jonathan,

This behavior is completely dependant on the Completion rule in the Item category(vov7) Configuration. And on top of this ,in copy controls, you have two fileds, one is Update document flow and the other is copy quantity. And also check the copyinf requirments, Normally for value contract we have a requirment(301) which says rejected and completed items can not be copied. This is at item level. This way you can control the system behaviour when copying contract to a release order. Kindly please let me know If you need any more Infrmation on this.

Regards,

Ram Pedarla

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friend.

i am aware of the completion rule in VOV7. however, beyond the validity dates, orders can still be created with reference to a contract. what you get is a warning and not an error message.

on the subject of copy controls, the 301 requirement at item level (for item category KMN, for example) i believe prevents an order to reference a contract item that has been rejected (in the contract). what we need is that when we reject a line item in the sales order, only the rejected quantity returns to the contract as open quantities. i am hoping that i could avoid enhancements if there is an appropriate copying requirement.

nevertheless, thank you.

regards.