Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syndication of attributes with NULL values

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I'm working on MDM 5.5 SP06 PL04.

I have a requirement which involves syndicating all the attributes linked to an assigned leaf node of a particular record to an xml file, as a name/value pair. The problem that I'm facing is that, when an attribute does not have any value associated with it, it does not show up in the xml file (instead of an attribute name and a blank value). While this is confirmed as a standard Syndicator behaviour as per SAP Note 1271469, I would like to know if there are any work-arounds to acheive the same.

Any help/suggestion would be highly appreciated.

Regards,

Anil Madhavan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

This is achievable by changing XML Schema.You have to set this Attribute as Required using min-occurs as 1.

You can also make use of Default Text Property under Destinations Tab of Synicator.

Please refer this similar thread addressed by me for more details,

Regards,

Mandeep Saini

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

Are you using PI as middleware?? if yes, then a simple UDF can be written in PI using MDM java api to fetch the missing attributes (having blank values) and map it to the target file. this could be one workaround and easy solution.

Other solution is already provided in the SAP note mentioned by you. That also looks like good solution.

Regards,

Shiv