cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

livecache changes during SCM Unicode conversion

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am starting a unicode conversion of our SCM system which was just upgraded to 7.01. Before the conversion, our liveCache database was on a different host than our SCM system so we moved it to the same hardware. The process we used was to do a backup of the current liveCache, create a new instance on the new hardware and then do a restore of that liveCache from the original liveCache's backup.

For the Unicode conversion can we use this same process, but before restoring the liveCache, change the _UNICODE = 'YES' parameter for the liveCache? I read note 632357, but it didn't seem like that was neccessary, if I just created a new instance of liveCache where the SCM system target would land, changed the parameter and then did a restore from the backup?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member229109
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello George,

1) The _UNICODE liveCache parameter should have the same value in the target liveCache instance as you have in the source liveCache instance, if you would like to do the

u201CHomogenous liveCache copy using backup/restoreu2019 using the SAP note:

457425 Homogenous liveCache copy using backup/restore

2) If you are planning to convert your system/liveCache to Unicode you have to follow all steps given in the SAP Note No. 632357.

3) If you have problems to follow the steps recommended in the SAP Note No. 632357, please create the SAP message to the component BC-DB-LCA, so we could discuss your issues in details.

Thank you and best regards, Natalia Khlopina