cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enhancing Process Models in ESR

wjprusha
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Does anyone have a philosophy on enhancing an SAP Process Component Model in the ESR. This is not referring to enhancing a SAP Enterprise Service but extending the model. For example, I want to add a new service interface to the Sales Order object in the Sales Order Processing model. Of course these changes will have to be made in our companies SCV. But I want analysts to see this SI with all the other SIs that SAP provides. I have tried to add the ESM ERP 604 as an underlying software componant and played around with that. Not sure I like the results. I have not seen any documenation from SAP on this subject. Long term goal is to have one set of models that has SAP services, our Company Services and even external sevices all together in one model. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi William,

You would probably struggle to find best practices when dealing with this scenario on SDN...You could change the SAP Standard ESM ERP 604 SWCV to allow objects to be modifiable. Then add you change in there. It will look alot cleaner with all SI's in a single place.

However, I'm not sure what SAP's take on this would be because you would be tinkering with standard content but impact on anything else is non existent so I persoanlly don't think it would be a problem.

Regards, Trevor