cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer PO number did carry over to credit memo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

I try to creat a credit memo request (sales doc type) reference a billing, I filled customer PO in credit memo request, after I bill this credit memo request, I realize the customer PO number didn't carry over to credit memo . We do have text of "Customer PO number" in credit memo header, however, it shows nothing, the customer PO number did not get carried over.

Please advise what I need to do to carry over the customer PO number to the credit memo

thanks in advance

Linda

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

condition of document type "O" (credit memo)is not added to the smart form

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Linda,

>We do have text of "Customer PO number" in credit memo header, however, it shows nothing, the customer PO number did not get carried over.

First you need to check with your ABAP person, from which field in the billing document they have coded to extract data to this field. Then we have to check whether that field in the billing document contains the data you entered in the Credit Memo or not. If the relevant field has no data, then we can work from that point.

Please note below as well.

1)

in standard SAP, Sales order line item PO number (Select SO LI / Go to / Item / Purchase Order data tab) will get automatically copied to Billing document Item PO number field. (Select item in the billing document go to / Item / Item Purchase order data tab) Since your SO header PO number is getting copied to line item PO number field, it should be there in the billing document item PO number field.

2)

In the copy controls from sales order to billing (VTFA) you can define "Reference number" field or "Assignment Number" field to pick "Purchase order number"

If you set "A" there it'll directly copy the PO number field in to your Billing Document Header "Reference" field or to "Assignment" field; depend on the configuration.

Thanks and best regards,

Anupa