cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP SWCV versus Custom

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have always created custom SWCVs with dependencies on the SAP Content SWCV I import so that during an SAP update, nothing I custom develop (etc. mappings) would get lost.

In particular, I am working with FINBASIS / FINBASIS 604 right now and an SAP PI consultant told me that I did not need to do this for my new, custom message interfaces and message mappings.

Can someone confirm that an update to FINBASIS 604 (or any SAP content SWCV) does not delete custom objects?

Thanks,

Keith

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>Can someone confirm that an update to FINBASIS 604 (or any SAP content SWCV) does not delete custom objects?

I don't think it would get lost anyway as you will not receive the same version again but a new one right?

>>>I have always created custom SWCVs with dependencies on the SAP Content SWCV

and this is the proper approach - we don't change objects provided by SAP

>>>SAP PI consultant told me that I did not need to do this for my new, custom message interfaces and message mappings.

please ask HIM to give you the link to that info - we'd like to see this recommendation in ppt or from help.sap.com too

till then stick with the custom

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I have always created custom SWCVs with dependencies on the SAP Content SWCV I import so that during an SAP update, nothing I custom develop (etc. mappings) would get lost.

You are doing fine. See How to Guide PI Best Practices: Naming Conventions

"General Rules

Do not use SAP standard software components for custom PI development

..."

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/40a66d0e-fe5e-2c10-8a85-e418b59ab36a

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks guys.

I will stick with making custom SWCVs, but I did run the following test today and my custom mappings were not lost.

- import SAP Content package (i.e. SWIFT 602 tpz file) into Repository

- create custom message mapping in this SAP SWCV, save, activate

- reimported the same original SAP Content tpz file into the Repository

• My custom mapping remained in place. I expected it to be deleted when the SAP Content was re-imported.

Am I not understanding something???