cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Formula for Find Row action

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can anyone please advice how to write the formula to for "Find Row" action in the Table tool bar? If there are 1000 entries in the table the user should be able to search for his record. Please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks.

Aditya.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I think there is no option in the table toolbar 'system action'. But you can configure it. I am assuming that you are using BI query.

1. Identify the field based on which you want to find row.

2. Create one optional variable on this object in the query.

3. Through input form you will pass this value & the table will show you only this value.

4. Also it is 'Optional Variable' so if you do not pass any value it will show you all the records.

I hope this is what you need. If you have any issue then let me know.

Regards

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sandeep,

Thanks for the reply and sorry for the late reply. I am not using BW query. I have pulled some 1000 records from the backend and displayed in visual composer table. How i want to provide the user with a search functionality to search for a particular record.

Thanks.

Aditya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aditya

I have used the Find Row action successfully before. In my case I had an input field (Search_Table) and a push button in a form view that triggered the Find Row action. I set "Apply To" to the table I want to search on and the "Validation Scope" to "Element". My table had 2 columns - KEY_EXT and TEXT.

I then used a search formula like the one below:

CONTAINS ( @KEY_EXT , #ID[ACA4GI]@Search_Table ) OR CONTAINS ( @TEXT , #ID[ACA4GI]@Search_Table )

I assume you can do the same for a table toolbar button...

When you trigger the action it will select the first hit (row) but will not automatically scroll to make the row visible which would have been good!

Hope this helps

Adam

Answers (0)