cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Date issue for multiple regions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am working on XML schema offline scenario. I have date field on the form and the format is MM.DD.YYYY. Since it is offline scenario, When somebody opens a form in some other regions who follows MM.DD.YYYY. How it will appear?.

I would like to display as per their format, If they open it in their region or system automatically converts into their format?.

How to do that?

Thanks in Advance

GJ

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You have set the locale for the Field as Viewer's System Locale in Adobe Designer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chintan,

Thanks for your response. I set the locale field as "Default Locale".

My doubt is, since it is offline form, there is no link with SAP system. Users going to open the form in their desktop. Rightnow I am designing the form with MM.DD.YYYY format. When the user opens the form who follows the format DD.MM.YYYY, so that time what would be the format.Will it take the system format?.

Thanks

GJ

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In SAP we work with the LANGU attribute when the form is generated. Now we use (the form reads) this attribute to change the mentioned locale. If you can generate the form in Japan for a Japanese guy, then it will work ok. I don´t know if you can access some viewer attributes or anything to find out what locale does he use. Maybe you can ask that question on Adobe.com, where the people can solve many various obscure problems. From my perspective it would be the easiest way to design the form with some parts dynamic and let the user pick his locale at the top of the form. Based on his choice i would hide the field with my locale (or all fields except his one) and let him see the variant of the field with the right pattern.

Otto

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why do you ask about the offline form if that has no connection with ERP? At least you generate the form form ERP or something, or not? When generating the form, you can include the information about the language. It is one of the parameters of the print job or the form, you can check for yourself in your printing program.

By the way... you´re going to get some points here to become a welcomed member around here, aren´t you?

Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Otto,

"Since it is offline, there is no link with SAP " means to say, we downloaded the form and send it to the users through mail who dont have the SAP access. We created the form through SFP and webdynpro. I set the language as locale for the date field.

My question, Let say, I have downloaded and sending my form to the user through email. I am using MM.DD.YYYY format and user format is MM.DD.YYYY. They dont have SAP access and they open the PDF form. What will be the date format appear for them? my format MM.DD.YYYY or their format DD.MM.YYYY? May be it is basic question but wanted to confirm...

Can I change the date format based on the user system?..

Thanks

GJ