cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Acess Sequence

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I created a access sequence with 3 acesses(i.e. 3 condition tables) and assigned to a condition type, maintained condition records. Now, when a SO is created, what will be the search startegy...i mean how wil the condition tables rad...is it from top to bottom or bottom to top in the access sequence?

Ex: Acess Sequence AS has 3 condition tbales CT1, CT2,CT3.

AS is defined as ACCESS NO 10: CT1

ACCESS NO 20: CT2

ACCESS NO 30: CT3.

How is AS accessed? Is it CT1>CT2>CT3? OR CT3-> CT2->CT1?

Thanks in advance.

Challa

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member274400
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

As mentioned in previous remark search is based on most specific to general. System determine based on access number in access sequence. In your case

ACCESS NO 10: CT1

ACCESS NO 20: CT2

ACCESS NO 30: CT3.

system will search CT1 first, then CT2 and last is CT3 as access number is 10, 20 and 30 respectively. Make sure that exclusive field is marked as this tell system to stop searching on getting condition record

Regards,

Mukul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank You Mukul..

So one need to take care to specify the control tables and assign access numbers while creating the access sequence.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Challa,

The search startegy reads from Most Specfic to General and if you Activate Exclusive in Access the system Controls whether the system stops searching for a record after the successful access for a condition type within an access sequence.

the system search only for CT1. It again depends upon the Combination yo selected in tables like

C1-Customer/material

C2-Material

C3-Sales Org/Price/Cust

Regards,

Seegal

Edited by: Raga on Mar 24, 2010 2:10 PM