cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linking Documents from Documentum to SAP transactions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

I have been working on integrating SAP and Documentum for retreiving documents stored in Documentum from SAP. I have been searching on SDN for a while and was not successful in finding a proper solution to my problem and hence this new thread.

We have created a "Content Repository" in tcode OAC0 and made all the required config in "CSADMIN" as well.

Then we have created a new "Document Type" called "ZFI" and assigned an Object type "EKKO" and Document class "PDF" for it.

I have also created a "Document Type" called "ZFI" under "Cross-Application Components>Document Management>Control Data--> Define Document Types and also created an "Object link" to "EKKO".

Now, when our Documentum administrator is running a SAP Query from CS SAP by passing a Purchase order number, everything seems to be fine. But, if i go to "Me23" I cant see any attachement. Could anyone explain me of anything wrong in our configuration. I would greatly appreciate your help. Please, let me know if you need any clarification.

Regards,

Gopal.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gopal,

Sounds like you're close. In my experience in linking SAP Purchase orders to Documentum, I did the config somewhat differently.

First, DIRS were not involved, I do not think you need to create a Doc type via DC10. I used Archivelink.

Second, the content repository name must be 2 characters long and no more. (The value you config in OAC0.) This is important for a step that comes later.

Once I am sure my Content repository config is up and functioning, I modify transaction OAC3 to map the appropriate business object and Document type to the repository I created. The field here only allows 2-letter repository names, which is why your config in OAC0 must conform. This should allow you to store a document to documentum and have it link to the Purchase order record. You may also need to modify your document class via OAC2, but it sounds like you've already done that.

If instead you wish to store a copy of the purchase order output (printlist) you will need to configure that as well in OAC3. Object type SOOD and Doc Type Druckliste or GENPRLIST. Then when you print, select "Archive Only" or "Print and Archive" and specify the object type and doc type, and your output will be directed there.

Good luck.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bill,

It is great to see your reply. Would it be possible for me to exchange some mails with you so that I can explain you with screenshots. That would be a great help for me. My address is gopal.yarlagadda at salford.gov.uk. I hope you dont mind.

Regards,

Gopal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

william_bessette at colpal dot com

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bill & Gopal,

I have been working on integrating SAP and Documentum for retreiving documents stored in Documentum from SAP. I found your thread when searching SDN.

We have created a "Content Repository" in tcode OAC0 and made all the required config in "CSADMIN" as well.

The documentum system is sending the link to TOA02 table.

I am trying to link to ME53. I know i am missing some configuration . I cannot see the attachment in ME53?

Please help me out.

Thanks,

Jaya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jayamala,

There could be several reasons for failing to get the attachment list in the ME53N.

Please check the archive document ID in link table is maintained with business object BUS2105 for purchase Requistions. If it's not then maintian the entry in table TAO02.

Thanks

Sekar

Answers (0)