cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dependencies in TDMS

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have some questions about the dependencies in TDMS.

profiles for client copy: how to determine what client copy profile to use in order to created the client (receiver)

FOR the selected TDMS package?

Does a "SHELL creation package" need a pre-existing client (receiver) before being started?

Among all TDMS packages, is there any dependency , e.g. should a "SHELL creation" be run before running another package in order to get the desired receiver?

Thanks for your help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shell is one of the process within TDMS and it is used to prepare receiver system for other processes (TDTIM, TDMDC) of TDMS if the same is required.

To execute various processes of TDMS it is required that the source and the receiver systems are sync from repository point of view and if that is not the case in a landscape then TDMS Shell may be used to create a shell receiver system which is in perfect sync with the sender system as it is created from the sender system using Shell process.

your question regarding client profile is not clear. TDMS does not need any client copy as a pre-requisite.

I hope this helps

Pankaj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much!

May I ask 2 more questions about SHELL creation?

Before kicking off SHELL creation package, there must be a receiver installed ?

If YES, that receiver must have have the same SP level as the sender? ( I guess NOT because you said SHELL creation can

make them in sync).

Best regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Before starting a shell package the receiver system need to be an empty system with OS, DB and SAP installation, nothing else. Any data existing in the receiver will be deleted as part of shell.

To make you understand further - shell is equivalent to a SAP system copy but without any application data.

I hope that helps

Pankaj

Edited by: Pankaj Aggarwal on Mar 24, 2010 11:56 PM

Answers (0)